Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Aiden's 4 year letter...SOOOO long!

This took me forever to write and even longer to post with finding all the pictures I wanted to include! Sorry for my mommy moment but ya'll knew it was coming...


Dear Aiden,

Where to even start with you lil man?? This year has been a BIG one for you. You have really grown up, shedding everything baby/ toddler you had left and just becoming a big boy. Along with getting physically bigger you have also become much more mature this year, your understanding of things has blown my mind. Your intelligence is actually sometimes challenging. Yep you definitely challenge daddy & me every single day.

You are our little negotiator. Everything is a negotiation with you. I mean everything! We tell you it's time to eat dinner and hmmm...you have an idea...You always say this "I have an idea, how bout we eat dinner and then we can come and play with toys, is that ok?" Every single thing is like this. It's always after I do that, we can do this, is that ok?? And if it's NOT ok with us then you'll come up with a different scenario or way of making sure what you want to do will eventually be ok. It's amazing.

You are such a curious and smart little boy, you ask me about a million questions a day about anything and everything. From random things you see on the side of the road, to random people we encounter and you'd like to know their whole life story. you want to know everything about everything :)

You have said some truly hilarious things to me during negotiations or just really smart things. They still crack me up to read through. I've posted some of them on facebook and others I've just kept track of. I plan to put the "aiden-isms" together here soon so we can have a list to look back on :)

My absolute favorite thing about you though is how SWEET you are. I don't just say this because you are my son, you are truly one of the sweetest kids I have ever met. You truly care about others feelings and I love that about you. When your friends are hurt you are the 1st to be concerned, when mommy or daddy or hallie don't feel good you always want to make it better. You have never ever met a stranger and would be happy to talk to anyone/ everyone you meet. Your social skills are impressive! You make friends easy and like everyone. Your heart is huge and you love your family so much. In fact you tell me how often how much you love me and that is sooooo special to me.

This past year it has been amazing to watch you with your baby sister. You are (most of the time) so sweet to her and you really love her. You miss her when she is sleeping and you want to play with her even though she can't play a lot of the things you want her to. You are very protective of her and tell me "I'm hallie's big brother, you're not, only I am". You always want to give her hugs & kisses when she's crying and if I don't stop her crying quickly you will be right on my tail saying "mommy hallie's crying, maybe she needs a bottle". You're always looking out for her.

You still love all things automotive. Trucks, trains, airplanes, helicopters, dump trucks, tractors, motorcycles, race cars, boats. Right now you're on a tractor/ digger kick but a couple months ago it was boats and before that trains. You just love it all.

You love to play outside and hate it when it is too cold or too dark to be in the backyard. You have started to enjoy watching shows on TV which is interesting since for the longest time nothing would interest you for more than a couple minutes. I still try to limit your TV time though. You have started doing soooo much better with your eating in the last few months. It's not the awful chore of sitting at the table with you and forcing you to eat that it used to be. You're still not a big fan of chicken though. You want to live in jeans, you would sleep in jeans and wear them every single day if we would let you.

You love your friends and playing with your friends but you love being at home too. Some days you don't want to leave the house, you just want to play here with me. I personally think you get this "home-body" thing from me. You really really don't like it when daddy or I am gone. You want us with you.

You are ALL boy and can be a little bit rough at times. With your sister, with your friends, with your toys. Like I said earlier, you are sweet as you can be and you would never intentionally hurt anyone but sometimes your BOY-ness is a little rough and I have to remind you that not everyone is as big as you.

So now let's do the year in review in pictures!!! Even though this was your 4th year in our family, you had some firsts this year....

MARCH

Your 1st sunday to get to go to kids crossing after your 3rd birthday
Our 1st Sunday at church as a family of 4

Just pics I love of you...




APRIL
Love your sister & your family

Riding the train
Your HUGE cheese faces and your laughter are infectious!!!

Easter 2011

MAY
The Big red boat, one of your favorites this year!


JUNE
The Mavs win the NBA championship! You're a big fan!
swim lessons



JULY

You LOVED the beach this year!

You crack me up silly kid!

We lost..and found your blankie. Your blankie is still very important to you!

AUGUST
Museum school stuff! (You went to museum school camp)

You like to dress up in your halloween costume and you LOVED helping mommy make cookies!

LOVE your sister

You also LOVE cake!!! Daddy's birthday.


SEPTEMBER
1st time camping! Even if it was indoors! :)


Back to school. You're in the 3's class.
1st Time Hallie rode on the boat!

OCTOBER
1st t-ball game/ season (Fall 2011)
I'm in love with this face
1st time you rode a horse. At the church fall festival.

Halloween 2011


NOVEMBER
1st time you rode a motorcycle...sandwiched between daddy & grandpa!
Thanksgiving 2011


DECEMBER
1st time ice skating!

Riding the Polar express.

1st time in a big boy bike. Christmas 2011

JANUARY


FEBRUARY
1st time in the blue ocean!!! 1st trip to Miami!


1st time meeting your 1st cousin!


1st time riding a camel!




MARCH
2nd Basketball game. Go mavs!!!

4th Birthday...
Wow. So much has happened this past year and each picture I look at of you seems more precious. (Why there are so many in this post!)

I really can't put into words how much you are loved and adored Aiden. I trust that you know it cause we tell you a million times a day and also because you can get away with way more than you should because of that crazy infectious irresistible smile. You are an absolute joy and blessing in our lives. You make me so happy just by being sweet, silly, smart you. I sincerely love being around you and miss you when you are gone even for a few hours. I think you have probably taught me just as much as I have taught you. With your trusting nature, your friendly attitude, your innocence and your love. I learn so much about the heart of God. I've learned so much more about love than I ever knew.

You are a bright light in this world my sweet boy. You are going to do amazing things and I can't wait to see how God plans to use all your amazing qualities in the future. How this strong willed, funny, smart, sweet hearted little boy will grow into a strong, smart, funny, God-fearing man. I will pray for you daily & do my best to mold you into the man I know you can be. I'll love you when you're bad, when you're mad, when you're happy, when you're good, when you're lonely, when you're sad, when you're asleep, and when you're awake. I'll love you always!

I am blessed and honored to be your mommy. I love you to the moon & back my baby!!!
(and even more than that)

Mommy


post signature




3 comments:

Scooter Cox said...

what a precious post for Aiden to reflect back on.

You captured his spirit and described him to a t.

The negotiator is my favorite. He does it in such a sweet way and his wheels are always turning. He is a thinker and a problem solver. I love that about him.

I also love that he would rather be home or with his family than anywhere else most of the time. He delights in the little things.

stay the sweet boy you are. You have us all trapped in your spell.

Love you bunches and bunches!

Debbie said...

Who wouldn't love THAT face? Even if you didn't know how sweet and how precious he was - just one look at those adorable cheesy smiles and he has your heart forever. The fact that he is so loving and caring is just icing on the cake. You are one very special little boy Aiden and we love you.

mamaw said...

he is just too precious for words!! can't wait to see what comes next. I know it will awesome.

all the pics are great,but one of my very favorite is the one of Ben and Aiden with thte red shirts on holding baby Hallie. would love to have a print of that pic.

Aiden's parents are pretty wonderful too. I trust with all my heart they will lead him in a godly path.