Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Hallie- 1 year letter

Sorry for my mommy moment but it's hallie's turn for her letters from mommy on her birthday....

Dear Hallie girl,

You just turned ONE. At your 1 year appointment you were 22 lbs and 3.5 oz and you are 30.5 inches tall. I'm not sure how to put into words how this makes me feel. I do miss the tiny baby you once were, but I love the little girl you are becoming. I love watching your little personality coming out...and girlfriend you have got a lil personality!!!

Look how far we've come my love...

I love watching you interact with your brother and seeing that little bond forming. You love him and are fascinated by everything he does and he adores you and takes care of you.

I love watching your little determined face when you are intent on something and you scrunch up your nose and stick your tongue out in concentration. I think this "tongue" thing you do is priceless and very distinctly YOU!




It has been and will continue to be one of my greatest joys to watch you grow up. I know, without a doubt that great things are in store for you. From the perfect and sweet baby girl we welcomed into our family a year ago...to the bundle of joy and personality you now are, every day has been a joy. Watching you grow and change, become more aware of your surroundings and more interested by them. Watching you fall in love and grow more and more attached to your family.


I took a picture of you every day of your first year so there are many many many more photos of you than I am including in this letter. Some people called your mama silly or even crazy for doing this and not gonna lie...at times I questioned myself also but the absolute best part of having your picture every day is that I can very clearly see you changing. I see when little things came out in your personality AND I have a picture of you with pretty much every expression that exists and I cherish your little face in all of them. I love watching you evolve from the baby who couldn't yet sit up and would look up at me with WIDE eyes and scared expressions....



To this beautiful almost DOLL looking bright eyed, curious, and HAPPY girl!


I love that I have the 1st day you ever sat on your own...


To the 1st day you ever laughed out loud at me!!!


To the 1st day you tried to get up on your hands and knees to crawl...
To the 1st time you threw a fit about getting your pic taken...

To the 1st day you stood completely on your own...

To the days when you stopped wanting to wear what mommy wanted you to wear, you started playing the "take my bow out" immediately game with mommy :( Little mischievous girl!!!


To the days when you started to just stand up and walk away...

And lastly to these BIG girl infectious smiles that just steal my heart!


Of course this past year went by faster than I could have imagined. And seeing as it WAS your first year you had a lot of big firsts... Some of the most memorable things of the past year with you were... (in no particular order)
Your 1st plane ride


Your 1st Sunday at Church
Your 1st Easter
Your 1st Mother's day
(special for me because you wore this outfit that was MINE when I was a baby)

1st trip to the beach

1st boat ride

1st Halloween

1st time on a motorcycle
(ON-not ride)

1st Train ride on the Polar Express
1st Christmas

1st New Years

Like I said this year went by faster than I was ready for..... You are busier and more precious than ever. Your high little voice that only makes jibberish noises and no actual words is the cutest thing ever! I absolutely love watching you get tickled with yourself. You make yourself laugh and clap for yourself quite often and it is adorable.



This past month you have taken off with your walking and are now walking more than you are crawling. You have had the ABILITY to walk for quite a while now but not so much the desire but now you are really flying and I have even seen you almost run when you see your daddy come through the door.

You are wayyyyy more attached to both daddy & me than your brother ever was. You have started to have separation anxiety whenever you see us leave the room or try to leave you with someone else. You have always been a loving little girl and your favorite place to be is in someone you loves' arms.



You are a sassy little girl and have started making it very clear when you are NOT happy about something going on around you. For not saying words, you can be quite VOCAL when your brother or anyone takes something away from you that you want, when you are not getting what you want, etc. You have actually started laying yourself down on the floor in protest when things aren't going your way. You are a lil princess and you know it!! This behavior will unfortunately have to be nipped in the bud but it's pretty comical right now :)

You have just now got your 3rd tooth poking through. You have only had 2 teeth for the longest time! You stillllll give me a hard time with your eating every day. Ever since we first started you with the baby food....


you are just not a good eater. You are very inquisitive and do not like to be left out of the "eating party" though, if we have something you want to have it too but you will just put it in your mouth and then take it out and put it in, take it out, over and over again without actually ever EATING anything.

Your daddy & brother have a bunch of nicknames for you and it cracks me up that you turn and respond to pretty much all of them. They call you Hizzle or Hizzy or Hizzle Dizzle and Hallie Wallie and of course Baby Hallie. We're really trying to drop the "baby" now though since you're turning into such a big girl. But by any name you are loved the same...You are loved by so many people in your life and just a few...
The Cox Family loves you
The Moltz Family Loves you

Grammy loves you
Grandpa Loves you
Gigi Loves you

Poppy Loves you
Mamaw Loves you

Uncle Jarod Loves you
Aunt Beth Loves you
And we LOVE you!!!!

You are so very loved my precious girl, there were many many people left out of the pics simply cause this is already so long. You have added so much to our family and I am so blessed that God chose me to be your mama. I cannot wait to see how you grow and change in the next year.

These were just merely a few examples of the little things I get to witness every day that make me absolutely crazy about you. I hope that you can feel the love and complete adoration that your daddy and I (and your entire family) have for you. I pray that through our love and our life you will begin to know how deeply cherished you are not just by us, but by the Lord. This is a sweet life, baby girl, and I am so honored to be able to share it with you.

I love you, I Love you, I Love you,
Your Mommy


post signature

10 comments:

Scooter Cox said...

Hallie you are definitely one loved little girl. I hear all the time how precious cute you are. This first year with all the first have been fun. Can't wait for the next set of first.

Love you bunches...........Gigi

Debbie said...

Yep! She is one special little Princess! Soooooooooo glad her Mom took the time to take all of these pics so those of us from out of town can share in those milestones as well. It has been a FAST but FABULOUS first year! Love you Hallie Girl!

Sherry Bryant said...

Well written!! Hallie, we love you so much and are so excited to see what else is in store for you this next year. As long as your mom keeps the pictures coming, too!!

Suzanne said...

omg sweet hallie! you are an absolute DOLL and i know for a fact that your mommmy, daddy, and big bro are head over heels in love with you! happy birthday, baby girl!

suz

Monique and Michael said...

I love this! I can't believe it's already been a year, but time definitely does fly right by... every moment is so precious!! :)

mamaw said...

the pics are awesome!! this first year has gone by way to fast. Hallie has the unconditional love of so many.how can you not love that face!!

one of my favorite pics is the one of Ben and Aiden in the red shirts with Aiden holding Hallie. nothing but pure love showing on their faces.

Allison Moltz said...

First of all, you have a beautiful way with words and expressing how you feel Jenni. I love that. Secondly, it has been so special to me to get to see Hallie grow from an infant to a 1year old in what seems like the blink of an eye. Being a part of her like has been really special for me. I love being able to spend time with her and Aiden on a regular basis. Thank you for all you do for our family and I love you all very much.

Allison Moltz said...

First of all, you have a beautiful way with words and expressing how you feel Jenni. I love that. Secondly, it has been so special to me to get to see Hallie grow from an infant to a 1year old in what seems like the blink of an eye. Being a part of her like has been really special for me. I love being able to spend time with her and Aiden on a regular basis. Thank you for all you do for our family and I love you all very much.

Allison Moltz said...

First of all, you have a beautiful way with words and expressing how you feel Jenni. I love that. Secondly, it has been so special to me to get to see Hallie grow from an infant to a 1year old in what seems like the blink of an eye. Being a part of her like has been really special for me. I love being able to spend time with her and Aiden on a regular basis. Thank you for all you do for our family and I love you all very much.

Allison Moltz said...

First of all, you have a beautiful way with words and expressing how you feel Jenni. I love that. Secondly, it has been so special to me to get to see Hallie grow from an infant to a 1year old in what seems like the blink of an eye. Being a part of her like has been really special for me. I love being able to spend time with her and Aiden on a regular basis. Thank you for all you do for our family and I love you all very much.