We wanted it to mean something. Not like "something" in a baby name book but mean something personal to us. Ben & I both are big on using our family names when naming our kids. We want them to share in the legacy of their family, to know where they come from, to know the heritage, the faith, the love, that has gone into getting us to this generation.
Aiden is Aiden David Moltz: Aiden is just the name ben & I both really liked, David has incredible meaning in our family. In The Cox/ Moltz Family we have all the grandfathers: David Moltz, David Cox and Ben's stepdad Dave Fresh. We have the next generation: Benjamin David, Jarod David, and we now have Aiden David. To our oldest we gave the strongest male name we have. So many great daddy's he was named for, so much love.
Hallie is Hallie Leigh Moltz: Hallie, again is just a name ben & I both really loved and thought was cute. Leigh is from me. Jennifer Leigh. My mom changed the spelling of the middle name when it got me but this is a legacy name as well. My mom is Donita Lee, My grandmother was Ruby Lee. Hallie shares in this line of amazing mommies. The moms I learned to be a mom from.
And now to our 3rd and final blessing from God:
We have decided to name him CHARLEY RAY MOLTZ.
Many of you reading this will immediately know the meaning of this name and why we've chosen it but for those who don't...
I have been blessed all my life with being a part of an amazing legacy of family. Of having so many people around me who loved & supported me that I have always felt a part of something bigger. We are naming our baby boy after the 2 patriarchs of my family. Charley Joseph Kammerdiener was my mom's dad who recently passed away in February 2012 and Billy Ray Cox was the patriarch of my dad's family who passed away in September of 2007.
These were 2 amazing men that I have been blessed to know, to learn from, to be loved by my entire life. Ben knew them for a shorter amount of time but if you asked him he would tell you he learned a lot about family and about having the kind of family we both pray to have from these men.
We pray that our little Charley Ray will be anything like his great grandfathers before him. These 2 men who were giants in their respective fields, who were respected by many, who were loved by many, but most of all loved their families fiercely and their God even more. These men were steadfast in their beliefs. Love em or hate em, they had in common that they both stood by their convictions, they knew what they stood for, and they made everyone else around them know also.
For me, I always knew I was loved unconditionally by these 2. That I was precious to them and that they were proud of me. I miss them both terribly but am so excited to share their legacy and now their names with my kids.
To our Charley Ray, you are already loved unconditionally, you are precious to us. We cannot wait for you to get here so we can teach you about your name and about this amazing family you are blessed to be born into.
Happy Father's Day to all the mean who are creating legacies, memories, and love to last a lifetime. Especially to the men who mean and have meant so much to me!! My daddy and my grandfathers and my hubby who are the best I know.
"Sleep now Charley Ray, For when you wake, you will move mountains!"
8 comments:
AHHH! What a special way to announce baby boos name! You have indeed made 2 very special papaws proud.
Can't wait to meet Baby Charley Ray.
I agree with Scooter--what a great day to name theis precious child.
I know there are smiles in heaven as well as here on earth.
Yes,Charley Ray, you are already loved by so many people.
Oh my GOODNESS!! I absolutely love that you want to do this. Charley and Billy Ray are high-fiving in heaven. And Charley Ray will bring a whole new meaning to both of these names.
Aww...precious name!!
Let the monogramming begin! :)
Beautiful! So excited!
Love the name! Love sweet Charley Ray so much. He is lucky to have such a heritage and strong name.
LOVE the name and especially the legacy!! You two are amazing parents and this baby will be loved by so many, as well! Can't wait to meet Charley Ray!!!
Love the name Charley and cant wait till he gets here. He will be born into a wonderful family and is a very lucky little boy.
FYI...not that it matters but my middle name is Lea too. Just spelled differently.
Post a Comment