So in the beginning of May. The 5th-9th to be exact we drove to Sparta, TN to see Ben's parents who live on a gorgeous farm up there. Yes I'm a tad behind on the ole blog. Again.
We drove through the night so the kids would sleep. Sleep they did at least for 60-70% of the way and that was awesome!! Definitely the only way to travel 12.5 hours with these little ones.
As soon as we got there aiden was raring to go for some fun on the farm!!! We had been telling him for several days that we were going to go visit and he could not contain his excitement! Having packed all his farm and animal related books & also wanting to wear his tractor clothing and singing old Mcdonald nonstop. He was ready!!
Grandma & aiden in one of the many farm vehicles that aiden came to adore. The Kubota.
1st things first we went to check out the cows in the kubota. Side note: I have soooo many pictures of cows and the farm if anyone is interested in seeing more. It's gorgeous there! However; for the purpose of this blog I'm sticking with the roughly 50 pics showing my kids and the family :)
Aiden driving a BIG tractor!!!
Aiden's smiles & expressions were absolutely priceless the whole time we were there.
Riding yet another farm machine. I want to say this one is called a Bobcat?? Maybeeeee.
and working the controls on a dixie chopper. Soooo happy!
Grandma & Hallie
Day 2 on the farm, even daddy got to try his hand at driving the kubota.
Miss priss waving to her fans!!! :)
Grandma & Hallie playing with bubbles outside.
What every farm girl does. Sits in the grass & tries to eat it!
Aiden & Grandpa headed to collect eggs
Getting all of the chickens out of the chicken house so they can round up the eggs.
Aiden was good at finding the eggs. Kind of like easter egg hunting :)
Day 3 of our trip we ventured out and found this- the biggest tree house in the world? in the U.S.? Something like that. While we were there so was a filming crew from the travel channel doing a story on weird hidden places. Kinda cool!
This tree house is both super cool & kind of scary. I kept getting nervous that it may not be the most stable place to be walking through with small kids but it was really neat to see. There is a church inside. The guy who built it said he did it because God told him to.
Daddy & Hallie in front of the treehouse.
I decided hallie & I had had about enough after like 3 flights and we came back down. My adventurous boys kept climbing.
Love this picture of Grandma & Hallie.
The boys at the VERY top. Scaring me half to death. This is so high.
You see where they are???
We made a couple more stops & saw lots of gorgeous scenery on our drive through the mountains.
Daddy with the kids.
Later that night. Kenny & the boys came over for dinner & to go fishing with my boys. Kenny is Ben's stepbrother who lives just right down the road on the mountain.
Uncle Kenny helping aiden fish for the very 1st time. Daddy hadn't done this in a very long time also! We are city folk for sure!
Aiden's 1st catch!!! Yay
Touching his fish. EWWWWW
I just kinda sorta love this picture!
Well and this one too! I love my baby's sweet and happy smiles!
This one too. Happy lil farm girl! :)
Playing games with cousin Caleb before dinnertime.
Day 4 on the farm and we're all learning to be farmers!!! I learned to make bread from scratch!!!
Ok so Mary Ellen did a lot of the work (Ok MOST of the work) but I did help some and I learned a lot. Plus this bread is hands down one of the most awesome things I've ever had!!! I will learn how to bake my own bread for this reason alone!
Aiden & Hallie watching some early morning cartoons before their farming chores! HA!
Playing with grandma!
Day 4 on the farm, Aiden's getting used to being a farmer. He would get out of the kubota to open and close the gates for grandma.
Picking flowers for me, grandma, and great grandma karen who got there in time for our last day in TN.
Don't we look like a farming family??? Ehh maybe not!
I have absolutely no idea what this face is for but love it all the same!!! :)
and WHAT are you doing miss priss?!?! LOL
Don't worry they weren't riding like this, just playing!
Love this picture of my angel!
This is what we did to wear aiden out. We sent him running to the fence & back. He had us in stitches watching him do this. Mostly cause he was soooo excited about it and wanted everyone to watch how fast he was!
Petting a horse
Aiden & Hallie with Grandpa & Grandma
Aiden & hallie with 2 sets of Grandmas. Grandma karen & Grandma Mary Ellen.
We had a really really good visit and I am soooo thankful we got the chance to take this whirlwind trip before things got so crazy around here and crazy they are!!! Aiden obviously had the time of his life and still asks me about the farm & points out farming equipment when he sees it and asks questions. (I am soooo the wrong person to answer these questions but I do my best!)
We loved getting to see so much of that side of the family while we were there and hope it won't be so long in between visits next time. Thanks again for having us Grandpa & Grandma. It was awesome!!!















6 comments:
I love all those green pastures. I know Aiden was having the time of his life and his face clearly shows it.
It was like Disneyworld for him with all those machines. You got some precious pictures and it is clear it was a great trip.
Glad to see photos of Grandma Karen and Mary Ellen. Everyone is looking very well. Grandpa too! :-)
looks as if it was a great trip for the whole family. I don't think I ever seen Jen on a farm. very impressive of her to name all the farm equiptment!!
all the pics are great--how could they not be--cutest kids ever. adults are not bad either.
liked Aiden's boots and of course Hallie looks like she should be in an ad for farming.
such great pics. this was worth the long wait to hear about the adventure.
Great pics and i am so glad you were able to go visit Bens mom and stepdad. Looks and sounds like the kids had a wonderful time. Cant wait to taste the homemade bread you are going to bake. :-)
Great pics and i am so glad you were able to go visit Bens mom and stepdad. Looks and sounds like the kids had a wonderful time. Cant wait to taste the homemade bread you are going to bake. :-)
Great pics and i am so glad you were able to go visit Bens mom and stepdad. Looks and sounds like the kids had a wonderful time. Cant wait to taste the homemade bread you are going to bake. :-)
The pictures are GREAT!!!! So glad y'all had a fun time! Their Uncle Tom could tell them all kinds of farming stuff!!
Post a Comment