Tuesday, September 18, 2007

The most wonderful day!!!

I went to the doctor today and it could NOT have gone better!! Very first thing we did the ultrasound and everything looks perfect! I was amazed at everything we could see. We got to see the baby's arms, legs, feet, hands, head, eyes, spine, rib cage, the heart, the lobes of the brain, the umbilical cord, the eyes...everything!! It was amazing to watch! Our baby is very very active, he/she kicked it's feet and moved it's arms almost the whole time. The technician was actually a little impatient that the baby would not stop moving. I thought it was so great though! The baby is too small for me to feel him/her move so it was really fun for us to watch. The technician wanted the baby to lay straight on its back so she could get the measurements but our baby would not cooperate with that. She even tried massaging my tummy to get the baby to move where she wanted. This didn't work either and she said either your baby is very relaxed and not bothered by much(this would mean the baby definitely takes after ben) or your baby is very stubborn (and that would be me!) so we actually got to see our baby for about 20 minutes (which is longer than most ultrasounds last) because the baby wouldn't cooperate but it was so fun. I could have watched him/her all day! What we learned is the baby's heart beat is 158/bpm so if you believe in old wives tales then the baby will be a girl. Girls are supposedly less active in the womb and our baby was very active and you supposedly have more morning sickness (which I haven't really had) with girls than with boys. Sooooo in conclusion, the jury is definitely still out. Anyways we got to see the heartbeat on the ultrasound and it was 158 and they measured the baby and according to the measurements the baby is a little bigger than they thought which means I am further along than they predicted, I am actually 11 weeks and 5 days so my due date moved up to april 3rd!! Then after the ultrasound we met with the doctor and they tested my protein which is good, my blood pressure which they say is excellent it was 102 over 51, which I knew from my nursing class days was good but apparently very good for pregnancy so whoo hoo for that! The doctor used the doppler (listening device) to listen for the heartbeat (like they did last time) but this time ben and I could both hear it so that was awesome!! Then I got 7 vials of blood taken, this was the least fun part of the visit but even that couldn't rain on my parade. So all in all everything is wonderful, baby is healthy and growing perfectly. I am very very happy, today made it all so real for me actually getting to see the baby. I am also so so glad ben worked it out to where he could be there, this was definitely the appointment he didn't need to miss. I go back in 4 weeks but that will just be another check up. I am posting two of the pictures they took during the ultrasound. They really do not do the experience justice. I wish everyone could have been there to see our active baby, but here are the pictures anyways! I hope everyone is having as wonderful a day as me!!!



This one you have to look at the left circle and you can see the two eye sockets along with it's little hand that is up by it's face. The second circle on the right is the baby's tummy. I know he/she looks a little like an alien. But such a cute alien!!!



This is the profile shot, the baby's head is on the right and you can see the nose, mouth, then the belly and the feet. Up above the baby that little white circle in the middle of the black is the baby's hand.

Again these pics really do not do it justice, you could see everything perfect on the screen and of course here these are pictures I took of the pictures because I don't have a scanner BUT you get the idea! That's our baby!

5 comments:

Grandma Karen said...

She (or he) is so precious!!! I am sitting here at work with tears in my eyes. The pictures are fantastic. I have printed them and am going to post them all over my cubicle at work. Thank you so much for sharing. I can't wait to see you both in person so I can give you both a hug.

Anonymous said...

Must run in our family....I am sitting on the couch crying...after I talked to you both earlier, I couldn't get home fast enough to see the pictures. Dad walked in the room and I have shared them with him. It is great that technology can let all of us see this precious gift. It really does make it all seem very real now.

I am so glad the the visit went so well and Jenni, I am very thankful that you are doing so well. You are going to be a great mom. I am happy that Ben was there and got to share in the excitement.

I love you both (and that beautiful little alien too) :)

Scooter Cox said...

these pictures are just so amazing. Thank you so much for posting them and letting us feel a part of this wonderful day.

My cup runneth over with good news today. First, we get the good news about Bear and now we get to see living proof of the next generation.

Save those pictures. We will give them to Aunt Kimberly and let her do something "artsy" with them as soon as we know the sex.

God is an awesome God and we give him all the glory and praise.

Love to all 3 Moltz

Kimbrliann said...

The baby looks just like you!! I LOVE ultrasound pics!! It is so real now! I can't wait until you feel your first "flutter" of activity in your tummy. It is the MOST precious feeling ever. Later, when they stick a whole knee out your side it starts to feel like an alien.. Love and miss you!
Kimberly

David Cox said...

actually, the baby looks just like me. thats great guys. it is very heartwarming to read your thoughts and know that you are so happy. someone mentioned the technology today and it is amazing that we can see these things and you can send them cross country. i look forward to more. while we arent there, you are making us feel closer. thanks
love dad