Sunday, September 30, 2007

coming home

As I said in my previous post I got back to orlando today. I had to be up at 4 am to catch a 6:30 flight out of dallas, then I had a stop over in houston and on to orlando. My uncle (tommy) is a pilot for continental and let ben and I use his buddy passes to go home and back. Shout out for tommy!!!Thanks tommy!! We looked at airline tickets but last minute that wouldhave cost us close to a thousand dollars so we are very grateful it worked out for us to fly on buddy passes.Plus we had absolutely no problems, we never got stuck anywhere, we got on all the flights he had selected for us and when we flew together we even got to sit together. So today while I had my stop over in houston I got to spend some time with tommy while I waited for my flight(he was waiting on his flight as well) and thatwas really nice since I hardly get to see them these days and I won't get to see them at christmas:( Anyways that was nice and then when I got back to orlando ben was going to take me to lunch before he had to go to work but my flight ran a little late and then I had to wait on my bags so then he didn't have time before he had to go to work. So we stopped and got quizno's (yum yum) and came home. Ben suprised me and had cleaned the whole house while I was gone!!! It was so nice to come home to a really clean house. Now our house is almost always "neat" and by neat I mean everything is put away it looks to be clean and I wouldn't be embrassed if someone came by unannounced, but by CLEAN I mean that ben did the floors (which I hate doing!) he swept and vaccumed, mopped and dusted. I was amazed. Plus besides that he got me bunches of flowers and put them around the house. Oh so sweet! I know it sounds so corny but ben and I have not spent any nights away from each other in a year and a half now so being away from him for 2 days was harder than I thought it would be. I missed him!

Now on another note I was posting what the baby is doing every week and what I am doing but I am not gonna do that this week because I usually get my baby info from the baby websites I am a member of or my baby book AND I am now convinced that they are wrong. They say my baby should be like 3 inches long or something in this week and well our baby was 3 and a half 2 weeks ago so they just don't know what they are talking about. (granted they do say every pregnancy is different but whatever) Plus I thought this was funny....when ben and I went for the ultrasound and they told us how big the baby is and that that meant I was a little further along they had thought ben said something to the effect of "well maybe the baby's just tall, we're both tall" and the doctor said at this stage that is not the case that a baby's length determines age not genetic height. SOOOOOO if when the baby was 3 and a half inches they knew that meant 11 weeks 2 days or whatever shouldn't these pregnancy books have better info?? Yeah i think so. This is the craziest rant even to me, I'm upset that the books are telling me my baby is smaller than I actually know it to be and like when ben and I were babies our moms probably had absolutely no idea about any of this stuff!! Technology is now so amazing. Ok so back to what is going on this week...I have entered my second trimester and the headaches have subsided a little. They are not as bad or as frequent but they are still present. I also got sick for the first time this morning on the plane, I felt so incredibly naseaus and I had to go to the airplane bathroom to throw up. Nothing less fun than that. Of course this was probably my own fault and not necessarily a sign of things to come. I was up at 4 am (not a norm for me) and I took my prenatal vitamin at 4:30 am on an empty stomach and then went for an airplane ride. Probably all together not the best idea. Anyways so other than that I am feeling good. PLUS!!!! Now I can feel the baby...this was very exciting for me and something that has developed in the past week and a half, the first couple of times I wasn't sure but now I am. I can't feel kicks or anything (the baby isn't big enough for that yet) but I feel little flutters. Ben keeps asking me what it feels like and I can't describe it any better than that it just feels like flutters or little tickles and it's just a weird sensation. I will be excited when the baby's kicks are bigger and ben can feel them cause right now the movements are so internal that you definitely can't feel them on the outside. Anyways I think that is all I had to share...the name david benjamin won the baby name poll so that name will be on future polls but this week we will be voting on girls names. Even if some people think they won't be needed so post your girl name suggestions cause I will probably make the poll tomorrow.

Again thanks to tommy the savior uncle (who I am pretty sure doesn't read my blog but maybe sherry can tell him!!) Love you!

4 comments:

Tom said...

Ooops, wrong on that one my dear. I do read it. And you're very welcome for the passes.

Sorry about the middle seat on the way home from Houston. But it could have been worse. At least you didn't have to sit around until 9:00 p.m.

Happy Birthday sweetheart.

Love

Anonymous said...

happy birthday sweetie

love you and miss you

Barbie Doll said...

Hey girl,
Happy Birthday!
So, you still up for hanging out with me next week/Oct. 13-14??
Let me know if it's still okay. It'll be fun.
Congrats on the "flutters"... I bet that's a lot of fun :)

Barbie

Kimbrliann said...

Happy Happy Birthday, May all your dreams come true...Happy Happy Birthday from Olive Garden to you, HEY!
Missing you and Ben!
Kimberly