Monday, September 24, 2007

New pregnancy symptoms

Today on my way to school my nose just started gushing blood out of nowhere. I tried to keep driving and just hold my nose but it was getting all over me and I started to feel very dizzy like I was gonna pass out. So I pulled over and had NO IDEA what to do. I thought about calling ben (who was still at home asleep) to let him know what was happening in case I passed out. But then I thought if I was fine he would just think I was silly. So I sat in the parking lot of the bank of america for about 10 minutes while I waited for the bleeding to stop and for me to not feel so dizzy. Needless to say this freaked me out!!! I would have just turned around and gone home but I had a test this morning so I couldn't. As soon as my test was over I came home to check my pregnancy book and the many pregnancy websites that I am a member of. So I found out that nose bleeds are very common during pregnancy. Something to do with increased blood supply and membranes in your nose drying out faster causing them to rupture. Diziness is also very common (I already knew that but when combined with the nose bleed it freaked me out). Dizziness can usually be combatted by eating small meals all through the day and of course laying down. Man If I could just lay down all day every day apparently pregnancy would be a cinch!

Now this is separate but it is sometimes very scary to not understand what is happening with your own body. Ben asks me all the time "what is wrong with you?" and my answer to that is "I DONT KNOW" other than that I am growing a human inside me, I don't understand any of it. I don't understand why I have started getting nausea now, I don't understand why it comes on worse at night. I don't understand why I get migraines some days and only a dull headache the next.I don't understand why some days I have horrible heartburn and sometimes not. I have no idea why some days I am exhausted and others I am full of energy. I dont know why I have started buying the weirdest things at the grocery store (it looked good at the time). I don't know any of it!! Pregnancy has to be the most crazy time in the world, pretty much anything can to happen to your body and your emotions and it would be considered normal. In fact there's only a list of a bout 7 things that are considered "abnormal" during pregnancy. So basically pregnancy is code for take over your body and emotions to the point where you don't even resemble anything that was normal before you got pregnant.

2 comments:

Scooter Cox said...

That's Weird. Glad you are ok.
License to lay down the rest of the day I guess.
Love you.]

MOM

Grandma Karen said...

Do you have a copy of "What to Expect When You are Expecting"? It is a great book. If you don't have a copy I will pick one up on my way home tonite and send it to you.

Also, I totally understand when you say someone asks what's wrong with you nad you have to tell them you don't know. You really don't. Alot of that is probably hormones that you have no control over. It is sort of like your body is possessed by some stranger. Please ask Ben to be patient with you. Let me know about the book.

Love you both!