Saturday, September 15, 2007

Thoughts from Gigi and Poppy

I have started making the baby a scrapbook. I plan to put some of my writing from this blog into the scrapbook but other than that I am going to take pregnancy pictures of myself and document our ultrasounds, when the baby starts kicking, when we find out the sex (which we will be doing in case there was any doubt) and other things like that. Anyways this is my goal. It will eventually become a baby book but I think it will be very special for the baby (grrrr I can't wait to find out what I am having so I can stop saying "it" and "the baby") to look back at. In the spirit of doing this I am posting thoughts from my parents about their reactions to the news. The first one if from my mom "gigi" and the second from my dad "poppy"

"I have a lot of emotions and feelings going on.
Initially, I worried about the timing and how it would effect their plans.
Then I owned it logically and knew it was God's planning and I knew everything would be fine.
Now, I am moving into "this is real" stage and I am thinking about a little baby being born and Jenni being a mother.
Of course, it makes me reflect on my own pregnancies and the role my mother played and then I get sad.
She would so love to be a part of Jenni's pregnancy.
I am grateful that Mammaw is around and wants to play such a big role. She has already graciously agreed to stay with Jenni after I have to leave to come back to work.
I am sad that I am not there with her (or that she is not here)...But, this too I know is part of God's bigger plan and I have seen how God has used this time away from family to bond Jenni and Ben together in a very special way and make them very best friends. I love that about them.
I can be talking to Jen on the phone and if Ben beeps in, she immediately says, "I've got to go, Ben is calling."
I love that about them and this I know.........Ben and Jenni will be fabulous parents!"

Blessings
"The big news of a new baby dominates my world. I could not be more excited. My very first reaction came when i walked in the house early one evening and scooter was sitting on the round couch in the kitchen (odd) talking on the phone (normal) but her look was strange and serious. She looked at me and smiled. I mouthed "who", she mouthed "Jen" and then made a big bubble movement with her hand around her belly. I stopped. For a brief moment, very brief, I thought "oh no, too soon, what about school, law school, ...................." Then I was overcome with joy. Scooter handed me the phone. Jen was crying and explained she had known a few days but was afraid to tell because we would be mad. I assured her we were ecstatic but understand her concern. We were getting a baby!!! Gods timing is always good ..... not always convenient ..... but good. The last thing he sent us we weren't sure about was the amazing ben. What a great gift he has been!
Since then, things are progressing as normal I guess. We have bought a baby bed, bedding, baby chair, and other decorations for upstairs (this is what i know about).
Speaking of timing, I wonder what bear and memaw thought when scooter forcefully married me when I was 19 yrs old? or when she got pregnant with jarod before i graduated? hmmm.
I titled this Blessings because we have been blessed. Jenni calls every day. Jarod calls or comes over several times a week. Now, we have Ben and next ......little david. Watch out Jarod, God has plans for you, too."

No comments: