Sunday, February 15, 2009

The Most wonderful Valentine's

Last night Ben and I made a fabulous feast together and we were quite proud of our efforts. It was delicious! We had sliced prosciutto and parmesan cheese covered in olive oil and served with bread for appetizer.  Filet mignon, garlic mashed potatoes, sauteed mushrooms, and roquefort chive cream sauce for the main course. Then we had chocolate fondue covered strawberries for dessert! We were absolutely stuffed but it was AMAZING! We have plenty of yummy leftovers for tonight. Here are the pictures.
The appetizer
A little bit of everything from the main course. YUMMY!
Chocolate fondue heart shaped set courtesy of my mom! Part of our valentine present! Thanks mom!!
Ready to go...
The final product...SOOOO good!
The big cheese face sitting in his chair having his valentine dinner of chicken nuggets! And finally...our gifts to each other. Ben got me this absolutely beautiful right hand ring that I LOVE!
LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!
And for his gift we updated his wedding band. When we got married he kind of got the short end because we couldn't afford to get him a very nice band with diamonds like he wanted so we said that when we could afford it we would update it. Well we still can't afford it but we got a PHENOMENAL deal from the pawn shop so we went ahead and did it. And yes these gifts may look like we have lots of money....it's an illusion...Ben works in pawn! haha Anyways we had a really awesome valentine's day this year. It was a very special day! One more pic of the little grin monster...

7 comments:

Scooter Cox said...

WOW! You sure did make Aidens first valentine special. Love the rings. I am going to start buying all my gifts at the pawn shop.

Good job on the meal.

Debbie said...

I just want to know if you will take that cooking show on the road???

I would love for yall to come spend the weekend and do an encore performance of those dishes. I will provide all the ingredients, you do the cooking!!

Looks scrumptious!!

Sherry Bryant said...

LOVE THE RINGS!!!!! Looks like I'm gonna have to go shopping at Ben's "office". Would love to have that dinner, too!! GREAT JOB ON YOUR VALENTINE'S DAY DINNER!!!!!

PaPaw said...

Every thing suere looks good. I am like Debbie and would like to see you take that cooking on the road . I would be glad to do the same thin. The rings look really good. Congratulations.I may have to bring Eloise to shop at your store.
PaPaw Charley

Kimbrliann said...

Yes, the Pawn shop has blessed this household as well. I got Kat a cute diamond ring for an early graduation present and we bought a flatscreen TV from Ben too. Keep it up BEN! Let's make a deal!

LOVE AIDEN AND HIS FISH!

jennifer said...

What beautiful rings! And the dinner looks like it was yummy!!

Barbie Doll said...

Yea, looks like you guys had a really nice Valentine's Day!