Friday, February 27, 2009
Aiden=GENIUS!!!
When I was pregnant I prayed for my baby to be intelligent. I will be more specific with my next one. That was too broad. Next time I will pray for an intelligent ENOUGH baby. I'm not really serious, I am sure that when Aiden is in 5th grade and can spell the best in his class or when he is in high school and can keep up with the advanced studies or college and he quickly learn his major of choice I will be thanking God for his intelligence. Right now it's driving me crazy!!! First of all let me say there is no SAFE place anymore. We have more baby gates then any one family needs but he has learned how to work them all. He knows how to use the button on one of them. He knows how to pull the others away from the wall. They do absolutely no good! So on a normal day I try to shower during Aiden's nap time. I have said before that I don't really like closing him up in the bathroom with me anymore. But today was not normal. I had to wait for our new fridge to be delivered (that's a different story...the other one blew up...actually that wasn't a very long story!ha) so I couldn't shower during his nap. This afternoon I needed to shower so I bathed Aiden first cause he is usually very happy after his bath so he is all bathed and in clean clothes and then I shut him up in our bathroom with me so I can shower. We have a glass door so I can watch him and he can still see me so it's usually ok. He always opens all the cabinets any time he is in our bathroom but that's ok cause I have only put stuff down there that I don't mind him getting into...towels, etc. Today he found a bottle of prenatal vitamins. They should have been up where he couldn't reach in our medicine cabinet but since I am not currently taking prenatal vitamins I guess they somehow got put down in the cabinets. Oh well they have a child proof cap right? WRONG! I swear he was holding that bottle for maybe a minute when he figured out how to get the cap off and they all went spilling across the bathroom floor. I scream and jump out of the shower completely naked and dripping wet and fly at aiden to take it away from him. He had already put 2 pills in his mouth and they were melting....I grab him up by one arm not thinking and start pulling the pills out of his mouth. I flush his mouth out with water and think ok that could have been worse it's not like it was some kind of medicine they are just vitamins and I got them out before he really got any. I put him back down on the other side of the bathroom (by our closet) so that I can pick up all the pills strewn across the tile and he won't be trying to get into them. Keep in mind still completely naked and dripping wet on my hands and knees picking up pills off the bathroom floor! In hindsight I should have realized that I wasn't hearing aiden "play" but I thought he had gone to play in our closet which he usually loves. NOPE....I had left the shower door open when I flew out of it in a panic and he was sitting in the shower with his head lifted up catching water and getting SOAKED! Again I yank him up by the arms and this time I push him out the bathroom door into our bedroom. Our bedroom door is closed and so at this point I think he will be able to get into less in our bedroom while I deal with the mess in the bathroom. He still can't open doors thank GOD! He knows what the door knob is and he can reach it but he hasn't mastered the whole twist and pull motion! So I leave him in the bedroom (I know not great parenting but I have a soaking wet fully clothed baby...I am still without clothes and dripping wet not to mention our bathroom is covered in pills that are now soaking wet with all the water that has been splashed around!) So I go and clean up the bathroom and dry myself off...I've given up on the shower. I go back into our bedroom and aiden is holding the remote! He has figured out how to turn the TV on (something ben and i have trouble doing!) and he is flipping through the channels!! Are you kidding me???? So let's recap...can't leave him anywhere cause he knows how to open any and all gates, now he knows how to open child proof caps, turn on TV's, and change channels. I am both impressed and incredibly tired. I'm also only halfway clean and not sure if my hair was washed or not....Oh well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
WOW!!!! Aiden is super smart!
That is so funny. I remember those days.
I am pretty sure you won't get to be alone in the bathroom for probably the next 7 years.
Put the Poison Control # in a very prominent place.
1-800-222-2222
I will get you some stickers to put on your phone. If you ever suspect Aiden has eaten anything he shouldn't ...don't waste time driving to an emergency room. Call Poison Control immediately and they can tell you something to drink that will neutralize or absorb any poisons. Do not have him drink ipecac syrup. That can cause more damage than help.
keep the stories and videos coming. They entertain us and our friends.
Sorry, but the visuals in this blog are AWESOME! I love the thought of him sitting in that shower getting soaked.. What a GOOBER! Genius or Goober, you decide.. My only worry is that little door to the attic in your closet. The attic door that leads down to the garage isn't covered and I worry he might fall thru if he climbs in there during one of his genius fits.. So, get one of those door handle things or lock that attic door to make Aunt Kim happy! Miss you guys...
The blessings of mother hood. He will be writing diaries on your trips before you know it. I believe I remember a first grader writing a report on a trip to Washington DC.
PaPaw Charley
He CRACKS ME UP!! And you have a real talent for giving us the visual of what went on in your day. The other day you were talking about how you would like to be a writer someday. I think "Some Day" is here. Erma Bombeck left an opening that needs to be filled in this generation and I believe you could fill those shoes. Our local newspaper has a page called MOMS LIKE ME
http://redriver.momslikeme.com/members/exploregroups.aspx
Check it out. You should check out local newspapers and see if they have a spot for you. One our girls at our church started this page just writing things like you write and she now has a full time career doing this! You definitely have the talent!! It would be a shame not to share it.
Oh. Wow. That is one FUNNY story. You definitely have a super smart boy on your hands. I just cannot believe he got the bottle of pills open!!!
That is one of the funniest stories I've read in a while! The way you paint the picture in our minds is hysterical!!! I'm stillllll laughing! And your mom is right about the poison control number. Put in your cell phone and the pediatrician should be able to give you magnets for your refridgerator. I only called it once, when Brandi drand a small amount of mouthwash. They just told me that she'd just be hyper for about an hour or 2. They called me back several hours to check on her. She was just fine and wasn't as hyper as I thought she'd be. Nothing like her on the pink/red benadryl. (Get the dye-free benadryl!)
My mistake was in reading this when I first got to work this morning. I laughed so hard I messed up my make-up. However, it did put me in a great mood all day.
This blog is better than the Shopaholic Books! Besides turning this into a book, maybe you could do stand-up comedy. You have such a descriptive way of writing. You make us all feel we are right there with you. Although, maybe this time it was good that we weren't right in the bathroom with you. :-) Hang in there. One day you too will think this is funny.
GK
Post a Comment