Monday, February 23, 2009
My little shadow
Aiden is in a stage where he mimics what Ben and I do (as is evedient by the previous video). He also follows me EVERYWHERE. He will be playing with his toys seemingly oblivious to what I am doing until I get up and cross the room into the kitchen...here comes my little frankenstein walker. If you have ever seen aiden walk you know why I say that. He wants to see what I am doing up on the counter, he whines until I show him. The funniest is when I try to go to the restroom because I used to take him in there with me (just so I could keep an eye on him) but now he can fend for himself for that minute so now I close the door and keep him out. It is like a little lost puppy -he sticks his little hand under the door, he lays down on the floor, and tries to see under the crack. He bangs on the outside of the door. It is hilarious! He is very much my little shadow. so I have figured out how to "trick" him into getting to eat. I have to eat it! Breakfast is basically the only meal that he will still sit in his high chair and eat oatmeal alone. I have written about this before but I would try and try to no avail to sit him in his chair and feed him anything and everything. No luck! I was about to go crazy! Now I have noticed that when I sit down to eat MY food....I usually eat on the couch or while walking around or something. I rarely sit at the table by myself to eat. He will come sit right under me and whine until I give him some of what I am having. H eill eat as long as I am eating so now I put HIS food on my plate and hold it up high enough so he can't see what it is and then I feed it to him! He eats anything I give him!! haha I am smarter than you little boy!!! The only thing about this trick is it has to be table food. It doesn't work with baby food. So we are getting better. Anyways it's just really funny how he wants to do whatever we do, he wants to eat whatever we are eating, and then he tries to make the same sounds we make which I think will start to help soon with him talking. Ben almost had him saying "goose" yesterday. Ben kept calling aiden silly goose and aiden would try so hard to say "goose". He has also started kissing us back. You make kissing faces and he will lean in and kiss you. So sweet! Anyways thats about all that's going on right now. That and the CONSTANT hurting of himself. Thank goodness he heals quickly because I swear half the time he looks like we have beaten him! Yesterday he had a big red scratch down one side of his face and on the other side a bruise. We needed to go to the store and no joke we decided that just I would go and ben would stay home with Aiden because we didn't want people looking at us like we had abused our baby!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yeah for you being smarter than Aiden!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think maybe he still has the upper hand on you, he just wants you to sit down and eat with him so he is tricking you into eating his food :) Whatever works, it is funny. The last video is priceles. Speaking of that, it is not on the "mobileme" site, that is how I can pull the videos up and show them on the TV and watch them full screen. Ken and Angela came over last night and we had a AIDEN VIDEO MARATHON. I can't remember the last time we all laughed so hard. I don't have to go rent movies anymore, we just watch Aiden. It is my new favorite past time. Can't wait to see you all.
Love you, please give the boys a kiss from me.
O.K...the "tricking"...we've all done it! The hand under the bathroom door...sooooo funny, been there, done that. Love how well you explain everything. You have such a gift of painting the picture. It's like we are all there watching like a fly on the wall. (well, not in the bathroom with you, but you get the idea). :)
Post a Comment