Friday, June 12, 2009

Bryant family cook out

Wednesday night we all got together over at my parents house. All of my mom's side of the family was in town/ came over to celebrate father's day for Papaw. The plan was to spend the afternoon swimming and hanging around and then start cooking out around 6 and eat at 7. There were a few snags in the plan when huge thunderstorms rolled into the metroplex. Dad (and all the guys) were outside cooking out the sirloin burgers when the bottom dropped out and the cook out had to be quickly turned into an indoor cooking exercise. None the less the food was great, we didn't eat too far off the estimated time, and we had a great time being together. Here are some pictures.
Beware going forward I have a lot of pictures of aiden. I seem to have a one track mind!
I love this picture because aiden is looking up at eloise like "what did you say?"
Also love this one. 
The boys hanging out by the pool
The young girls in the pool
Aunt deb and aiden 
You probably had to be there for this but aiden was sliding down the couch and thought it was oh so funny and very proud of himself. He would clap for himself when he was done!
The men out by the grill doing the cooking...this is when it is starting to sprinkle and get VERY dark. 
I love this one. Aiden in papaw's hat. I think he looks like indiana jones. 
When the bottom fell out!!! HAHAHA
My cousin Brandi with Aiden. She is absolutely awesome with him! She is soon to be my new babysitter! Aiden is trying to put these mints in his shoe. 
The special SUMMER cookies my mom got for the kids going to cousin's camp. I'll explain that at the bottom. Aiden has his cheeks all puffed up with cookie!
The Bryant kids with papaw and his father's day gift. 
Uncle jarod and aiden. This is why Jarod's not allowed to watch aiden without beth's presence. Just kidding!
Here Aiden is playing in the dog's water bowl. My dad saw this before I did but didn't want to stop it cause he thought it was a good picture! Nice dad! Anyways we had a great time being together as a family and honoring what an amazing father and grandfather papaw has been to all of us! Cousin's camp is something papaw and eloise have been doing the past few years where they get all the cousins together and do some fun activity. I'm not sure where they have been because I was in florida and I am too old to be one of the cousins at cousins camp. BOO on that! This year they are going to great wolf lodge in grapevine and spending a few days staying there and playing at the pool/ water park that is there. Should be a blast! Aiden is too young to go to cousin's camp but maybe next year. I think potty-training should be a pre-requisite for cousins camp! BUT aiden and I are going to go out there on saturday and spend some time and have dinner with the group so that should be fun! That's all I have for now...I'm off to the gym. 

4 comments:

Scooter Cox said...

you did a great job of recounting the night. Awesome pictures. I just wish there were a picture of you in your cute black and red. Anyone have a picture of Jenni?

Anonymous said...

He would have more fun with Uncle Jarod!

Anonymous said...

What did this family do for fun before Aiden came into our lives?

Scooter Cox said...

what did we talk about before Aiden came along?

I have played catch up with friends by email this morning. I noticed a pattern in all my emails.......
Adien did this and Aiden did that.....