Monday, June 8, 2009

A LOT, A LOT, A LOT

TONS has been going on! We have been busy little bees around here. I wrote in my last post that my parents kept aiden on wednesday night and for the day on thursday and that was GREAT for me. I got SOOOO much accomplished. I actually felt like a contributing member of society! I cleaned the house, did so much laundry, went to the store, worked out...I don't even remember what else. I was just very productive! My mom called me several times on wednesday to let me know "Jen...he is just so BUSY!" No kidding mom, I knew that!!! Then around 4pm she started getting worried that she wasn't going to be able to get herself and aiden dressed and out the door in time for my cousin's graduation. AWWW it's so wonderful to have people understand what my life is like on a day to day basis. 

So I said I would write more about my cousin Katheryn's events and here goes...Tuesday night was her senior showcase where we all got to go to her school and be wowed by the talent and imagination of these young kids who go to this fine arts high school. It was a very entertaining show and Aiden even did well. Or at least better than he could have done. He threw mamaw's cell phone on the hard concrete floor a few times but hey she is the one who gave it to him! Katheryn put together a very impressive animation for the show as well as singing and dancing in these group ensembles! I was mighty impressed. Also, during the show they did the senior "robing" ceremony and Katheryn chose her parents (david and kim) to robe her and said some very sweet things about how much they have meant to her as parents. I had to fight back tears. It was a wonderful moment for them as a family. Afterwards Aiden went home with my parents to stay the night and I already told ALL that I got accomplished in his absence on thursday. So thursday night was Katheryn's actual graduation and it was great as well. Maybe not quite as entertaining as the show but the commencement speaker was very funny and it was a good night. We are so proud of you KAT!!! You have so much going for you as an artist and as a young woman! We love you!

So friday....I can't remember friday except for the fact that our internet and cable went out and I had to stay fairly close to home so they could come out and fix it. This has been a huge ordeal because it has gone out like 4 times in the last couple of weeks. SO annoying! They came out, didn't fix it....long story and not a good one. So our family has been without cable and internet since friday until NOW! GRRRR

Friday night aiden started having a hard time sleeping, he was waking up every 20-30 mins and crying and then he would go back to sleep but we had no idea what was wrong with him. Maybe he was just getting used to being home again? Saturday was an awful day. Aiden was very unhappy and just walked around sad. We took him out saturday night to Katheryn's graduation party with the expectation that we would probably have to leave quickly since aiden wasn't feeling good but he did very well at the bowling party. Lots of distraction I think. The bowling party was a blast and by the way....I am an EXCELLENT bowler!!! Kinda...with the bumpers on! haha

Saturday night was more of the same aiden was up and down crying and unhappy ALL NIGHT LONG. It made for a very rough night for all of us and then when he got up at 6 with a fever of 100.5 we decided to keep him home from church. Sunday was another long day of just nothing making the little boy happy. When he did finally nap he took a very LONG 3 hour nap and woke up a little happier but not back to normal. We missed going to my cousin blake's choir performance last night because we felt aiden needed to stay home. I was bummed about that but also worried that maybe all of this taking him out and keeping him off of his normal schedule was adding to his grumpiness/sickness. Or maybe he is just teething...I'm not sure. Last night Aiden went to bed at 9:15 am and didn't make a sound until 11 am this morning!!!! POOR BABY was exhausted!! He seems to be back to his happy self today though for which I am incredibly grateful! 

This week is going to be another fun filled week with a lot of my family happenings so Aiden needs to be in good spirits!!
Anyways I know that was a lot of info but with our current state of internet/ cable going out constantly I need to write as much as possible while I have it!!! We may be switching providers very soon! Here are a couple of pictures from katheryn's senior showcase. I don't have any from graduation or the party cause I didn't take any but I am hoping one of my family members will share theirs!






1 comment:

Sherry Bryant said...

GREAT pictures!!! Can't wait to see you guys this week!!! I certainly remember those up-all-night times. They were horrible!!!!!! And all you want to do is pay ANYBODY to make you baby happy so you can get some sleep... So sorry it was rough, but glad he is doing better.

My mom blamed everything the first 2 years of my life on TEETHING.