Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Going's On

Saturday Aiden and I meant to get out to great wolf lodge to spend some time with the cousins at "cousins camp" but after we went to the gym in the morning aiden ended up taking a 4 hour long nap!!! Which on most days would be awesome but of course it would happen on the one day I was anxious to get somewhere. So anyways we never made it to great wolf lodge and we just ended up meeting up with everyone at the rainforest cafe for dinner. Aiden really liked the rainforest cafe which surprised me because loud noises usually scare him but he was quite entertained by all the jungle sounds. We had a great dinner and really enjoyed being with everyone!

Monday I started a Ladies bible study at my church for the summer. For those who don't know ben and I just recently placed membership at our church and are excited to get involved there but at the same time things like this are outside of my comfort zone. I am excited about the Bible study but I get nervous about diving in to situations where I don't know anyone. After our first meeting I can tell you I think the study is going to be very beneficial and in depth. The study is called "esther:It's tough being a woman" and it's a Beth Moore study. I am dedicating myself to giving as much as I can to this 11 week study and hopefully it will be rewarding for me spiritually and also getting outside my comfort zone.

Yesterday I took aiden to the pediatrician for his 15 MONTH check up! My baby is no longer a baby :( But he is in the 95th percentile for his height and 72nd for his weight. The doctor kept saying he has a tall and slender build. Yep he gets that from me! haha. All in all he is a big and healthy boy. She said she will not worry about the not speaking until he is 2 because he is obviously learning and aware he's just not verbalizing yet. I think that was about it, he got 2 booster shots and we went on our way. 

Last night mamaw and I went out for girls night out! We met in grapevine and went to see "My life in Ruins"....I am not sure how long it has been since I have actually BEEN to the movies. I would guess a year? It's been a long time! But as mamaw said "i don't think the movie will win any awards but it sure was cute!" I thought it was really cute, a great feel good happy movie. Then we went to my California pizza kitchen (my favorite!) to have the best salad in the world. We had a great and girly time! I didn't take my camera though.

2 comments:

Sherry Bryant said...

Beth Moore is amazing!! I started her "Fruits of the Spirit" study, but then got my job (which I love) and had to stop. We did the video series. I've NEVER seen a lady with sooooo much energy!!! WOW. I'm glad you are getting out of your comfort zone...that sure is hard to do.

We had such a wonderful time with you guys at Rainforest Cafe!! Aiden's face was the funniest I've seen when the elephants started getting going!!

Scooter Cox said...

I wish David and I could have come out for dinner. I am glad Aiden got to experience Rain Forest Cafe with the cousins.

I have heard wonderful things about the Beth Moore Esther study and especially the ladies program at your church.

I hope you make lots of new friends and feel God working in your life through these ladies.

Love Aiden's face in that picture. Is that watching the elephants?