Whoo hoo!!! Only 7 days behind!
Last weekend my cousin brandi came to stay with us for a few days and I'm not exactly sure how much fun SHE had but I was soooo glad she came. She helped me out a ton and aiden is by far her biggest fan. He adores brandi which really gave me a break for a couple of days when this pregnancy has got me feeling pretty yucky most days. He followed her around, wanted to go to the bathroom with her, wanted HER to play in his room with him, lay in his bed with him, etc. etc. This gave me the chance to lay down when needed, make dinner undisturbed, do dishes and laundry. It was amazing.
Anyways one of the days she was here we decided to go out to hawaiian falls water park in mansfield. Her family has season passes and therefore we got to go for FREE, can't beat that! We got ready, we headed out in the 110+ heat, got there ready to play and.....Aiden hated it! Maybe hate is too strong a word. He really did not enjoy himself?? He kept asking for gigi & poppy's pool. We tried our hardest to get him into the whole water park idea. Brandi was amazing with trying to entertain him and chase after him (seriously when can you move in?!) but it was all for naught. He wasn't having it...
We started off in the kiddie slide area which I didn't even get any pictures of cause that's how much he hated it. Then we went over to just a little tiny spraying water and inch water deep section that we thought he would enjoy...and he did...
This is very similar to the things he enjoyed playing with so much at great wolf lodge so we thought he would really like it...
and he was having fun
but only
for about
a MINUTE!!! and then...
it was off to try and find something else that might keep aiden's attention.
How bout the lazy river?? Is this fun?
I'm not sure...
We're really unsure...
I think I will stick to these little sprinkler type things they have in the middle of the streets!!
Yes these I like!!
I will play in them for 30 minutes and then keep asking about gigi & poppy's. So brandi and I decided this was really no fun for anyone and we would just call my mom and see if we could go swim over there.
Which is what we did.
and aiden had much more fun.
CHEESE!!!
I was so sad aiden was not a bigger fan of the water park. But I was also entirely grateful that for 1) I didn't have to pay to find that out and 2) that I didn't try to take him there by myself (which I had considered doing for a mommy & me day). Brandi was a much needed help at the water park. Two arms were just not enough!
Thanks so much for coming to stay with us brandi, you were an absolute JOY to have around. Aiden is the president of your fan club and still asks where you went. You are welcome here anytime! Really!!! :)
5 comments:
these are such precious pictures of Brandi with Aiden.
Now Aiden thinks the guest bedroom at his house is Brandi's room. I think Jenn is going to have a hard time explaining to Aiden why the new baby is sleeping in her room.
That's too cute! I know Brandi had a GREAT time too! You can have her (and Blake) whenever you want!!! Really!!
Well, I am having a hard time keeping up! I just posted yesterday and this must have been added after I posted. Right now, I would LOVE to be at Hawaiian Falls. I am sick and tired of this heat!! Love the pictures.
aww i loved being with you guys! it was so much fun, every time i eat cheese i think of that one night when we had tacos :) haha that was so funny
Its ok Aiden, I dont like swimming in urine infested water either!
Post a Comment