Saturday, August 7, 2010

Possum Kingdom/ Aiden's first boat ride!

Last saturday Aiden and I drove down to possum kingdom lake with Gigi, Poppy, and Jarod. My parents recently bought a lake house down there and this was our first time going to see the house, location, and having a fun filled day on the lake. PLUS it was aiden's first time on a boat. He was SO excited, he talked about it all the way there. Asking if it was time to go on the boat, he didn't enjoy us stopping to eat lunch or looking at the house cause he was too excited about the BOAT. So then when it was time to get on the boat....he HATED it. He kept saying "no boat" and "other way" wanting to go back and put the boat up. He was not a fan. But before the day was over he had begun to warm up to the boat. We went slower, we let aiden take off his life jacket, we even let him help poppy drive in the very very slow areas. Then he was more ok with the boat. So things we will do differently on future trips are Go slow to start out with and get aiden a life jacket that fits him so maybe he won't hate wearing it so much. It might take a few more trips for him to really LOVE the boat, but I think we'll get there. Regardless we are super excited about many fun filled trips to the lakehouse!!! Whoo hoo!! Sorry I took no pictures of the actual house.

Aiden sitting with Jarod and hating it...
Captain poppy
Gigi trying to convince aiden "this really is fun!"
Warming up to it, sitting in the front of the boat with jarod. No life jacket and barely moving. This is aiden's kind of boating!!
Trying to sit the same as Jarod
and aiden's favorite part! Getting to drive!

Aiden sitting with poppy & gigi!

post signature

4 comments:

Sherry Bryant said...

LOVE the pictures! I grew up with a boat and could fall asleep so easily with the rocking. I still get soooo relaxed on a boat! He'll love this experience so much as he gets older!

Scooter Cox said...

I'm glad we don't have any pictures from the first 10 minutes. He was not happy AT ALL.

Debbie said...

Fun - Fun - Fun. He will grow to love that more and more as the years go by.

patcox said...

Aiden and I could go boating any time. I like slow and easy too. He really looks as if he knows how to drive that boat!!