Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Monday July 26th Mommy & Me= Around town/ Alice in Wonderland


Thank you to my friend Sharon who helped me put together my new blog layout. I've been wanting to spiff it up recently with new pictures and overhaul of the look and this girl has some mad skills when it comes to that so thanks so much sharon for all your help!!!

I am way BEE-hind on all my blogging. There are about a million things that I have pictures of and/ or want to blog about but trying to catch up with one thing at a time so here's mommy & me from LAST week!

Aiden and I are sticking with our "around town" theme and this week we did an Alice in Wonderland theme. We started our day by heading to grapevine to eat at my fave California pizza kitchen. No it doesn't have anything to do with alice in wonderland but we were going to be over that way and it is "around town" and it is my absolute favorite restaurant so there ya have it!

You see this mischievous grin when he got his "coke". Horrible habit. Now when we go to restaurants as soon as the waiter comes over aiden immediately asks for coke and I have to say no sprite please, all while aiden is saying "coke, coke, coke" repeatedly wondering why the waiter has not run off to complete the task he was given. GRRRRRR if I had one thing to do over again as a parent...NEVER, NEVER start with the coke or sprite or anything cause once you do there's NO going back!!!!
Aiden's a big fan of the CPK too. YUMMMMMM!!!

On to our next stop around town...

The Gaylord has an alice and wonderland summer spectacular going on and the entire lobby is filled with Alice figurines, scenes from the story, games, etc. etc. It's really neat. It's somewhat similar to the Peter rabbit thing I took aiden to not too long ago in that it has the story book pages open to the scene that it's portraying. It's really cool and aiden had a blast running around the lobby at the gaylord looking at all the little exhibits.
One of the story book pages
Aiden trying to "smell" the flowers
The HUGE drink me bottle.
Entire scene made out of sand. AH-MAZE-ing!!!
I think aiden would have had nearly just as much fun without all the wonderland stuff. He loved just running around and looking at the fish and trees and other decor that is always present in the gaylord lobby. I will have to remember this if I run out of mommy & me ideas.
Pointing at the HUGE clock. We're late, We're late!!
The caterpillar, SOOOO cool. Would have been cooler to see at night cause he lights up and glows.
Very interested.
The white rabbit, except he's made out of a bush so not so white...
Loved this.
Aiden trying to catch water from another waterfall.

The BIG keys lost in the waterfall of tears...not exactly but use your imagination!
The keyhole to wonderland!
The mad hatter's hat!

After a few tiring hours running around wonderland we packed up and came home to finish our day "through the keyhole" or "down the rabbit hole" whichever way you want to look at it...When we got home we made a special snack before curling up on the living room floor to watch the classic itself.
Our chocolate "drink me" milk and the giant cookie says "eat me", it was easier to read before it baked. **Note to self when you put m&m's on top of a giant cookie they sink down while baking.**
You can tell by his eyes that he is starting to get sleepy but is still interested in the movie.
Our little carpet picnic.
And aiden realized he could still eat cookie, watch the movie, and lay down all at the same time. AHHH this is the life!!!

post signature

5 comments:

Scooter Cox said...

Love the new look of the blog and I love all the pictures from Alice in Wonderland. Made me realize I need to go back and re-read the book.

I think Poppy and I need to make a trip to the Gaylord too.

Kimbrliann said...

I love how squats down to look at things. So adorable!

Love the new layout! Beautiful!!

Sherry Bryant said...

The new layout is AWESOME!!!! Love it!! You are so stinkin' creative. Wish I was more like you! Great pictures and great time!

Anonymous said...

I love your new layout. Thanks for helping me with my blog and coming over for playdate today! We had fun!

Debbie said...

This is waaaay cool. Brittany and I just watched Alice in Wonderland yesterday so this was all still fresh in my mind. A really neat display.