I have been wanting to do this with aiden forever and finally got to this week for mommy & me. We went "around town" down to the Fort Worth Stockyards for some sightseeing and of course to ride the TRAIN!!! We got there a bit early so we could see the train pulling into stockyard station.























Aiden saying "cheese" with a stagecoach made for kids waiting on the train to pull up!
It's HERE!!!
These are aiden's wide eyes when the BIG train pulled into the station.
Our tickets, they say grapevine vintage railroad cause it actually is the grapevine train but we road it in Fort worth. AND I got a really good deal. I got our tickets online and found a coupon code for "caboose" tickets to be the same price as a regular ticket. I had never ridden this train before so I didn't really know what the difference would be except for that the caboose is air conditioned and the other cars are not. Since it has been 105+ degrees around here, I thought an air conditioned caboose for the same price sounded like a good idea to me! But when we got there I realized, riding in the caboose is much like riding in first class on a plane!!! For one, no one else was in the caboose so we had the whole car to ourselves which was awesome and for two they bring you all the cold beverages and snacks you want!
Aiden peeking out the window of our caboose car.
We're on our way!!!
Another major plus to having your own car to yourselves is your choice of seats and your own little balcony? walk out, whatever you call it on a train. This is a panoramic shot of the fort worth skyline.
Aiden sitting out on our caboose deck.
He really loved riding the train!
And sitting inside our caboose car, on pillows, looking out the window.
This is the caboose car.
When we got off I took a picture of what the other cars look like. More what you would expect.
Aiden in the middle of the train tracks in stockyard station. DOn't worry the train was parked for the rest of the afternoon.
Riding a fake horse in the station.
Sitting on a real horse saddle.
And real horses and a stagecoach
The historic FW stockyards
Aiden was enamored and kept wanting to pet the "big horsey"!
Only in the stockyards...
Giddy-up cowboy!!!
This was a super fun day and surprisingly aiden really enjoyed seeing all the cowboy/ horse type stuff in the stockyards. We didn't sightsee for too long though because it was so HOT but we may have to go back for more shopping/ sightseeing when it gets a bit cooler out!
5 comments:
He may love the rodeo this year. We will definitely take him to the stock show and rodeo in January.
Glad he liked the train.
Looks like fun! I've never been to the Stock Yards. I'll need to go there sometime.
Tooooooo cute. Ok - Before he goes back the next time, he needs his first pair of little Wranglers and boots to go with that hat!! He is a mighty cute little Pardner!
Too cute!! I am sooo jealous. We have now made 3 trips to the Great Wolf Lodge in Grapevine, and each time, I have ask Charley to take me on that train ride and we can never seem to work it out. I am going to ask Aiden to take me the next time. Maybe by then he will have a complete cowboy outfit.
Sherry.........we have definitely got to get you to the stockyards. I can't believe you live this close to Fort Worth and have never been to the stockyards.
We will plan another day when they are driving the cattle through.
Yes.....Aiden will have to his own little wrangler and a belt with his name on it for the rodeo. I think he may be able to fit in Jarod's boots in January.
Eloise, next time you come and want to ride the train.......let me know AND I will make it happen :-))
Post a Comment