Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Monday August 2nd Mommy & Me= Monkey'n Around and Marshmallow Melts


Monday's mommy & me we decided to do some good old fashion "monkey'n around" and where better to go "around town" (this was our 3rd week doing around town for mommy & me) then to a 4 story indoor TREEHOUSE! That's right people. This indoor playspace at a local church is so fun for little monkeys and tots alike. To climb, jump, slide, and swing all in a controlled and family friendly environment. There's even a toddler area with a whole bunch of soft things that aiden enjoyed playing with/ on.

Knock knock!!! We're here to PLAY!!!
Just get a look at this place!
The giant treehouse was amazing all by itself but swing yourself on to the other side and....
HUGE indoor slides! Did I mention this place is free to play also? So cool!
Aiden was a bit overwhelmed at first. Pretty sure he'd never seen anything like this.
I didn't end up getting that many good pictures of aiden playing cause he was SO fast!!!
He loved this big ducky like the ones in the bath but big enough he could ride on.
So happy.
Climbing and crawling...
And sliding! This was so much fun we will definitely go back. What's better than an indoor, air conditioned, family friendly, FREE church playspace in the heat of summer?!!? Not much!

When we came home we made an extra special snack. Marshmallow Melts! My mamaw told me how to do this (although I made up the name to fit with my theme, I think she called them thing-a-ma-jigga's.....totally didn't go!!!) So anyways aiden and I had a fun time making these together and they're not hard so aiden did a lot of the work by himself.
Dipping the marshmallows
And of course tasting his creation
And then rolling the dipped marshmallows into crescent rolls and making little balls. a.k.a. "marshmallow melts"
The finished product. These are really good. They taste similar to a cinnamon roll but lighter and fluffier and less calories? Plus super easy and fun!!!
Aiden enjoyed them! And our day of hanging around town, monkey'n around, and cooking marshmallow melts all while trying to stay indoors and not MELT from the sun but still have fun! ***I'm corny and I know it!!! :)***

post signature

5 comments:

Scooter Cox said...

what an awesome place. I would definitely go back there. I wish I had one of those marshmallow melts right now. They look yummy!

Debbie said...

Hey!!!!! I want to go there!

Sherry Bryant said...

That place looks amazing! You REALLY need to write a kids book!!!

Kimbrliann said...

What church is that?

Reminds me of the old leaps and bounds or discovery zone. But looked cleaner!

patcox said...

I'm with kiberly, looks like a lot of fun.

glad you liked the marshmellow treats. brings back memories for me.

aiden continues to be such a happy boy--must come from some a very awesome mom and dad!!