Oh what a week!!!
For the first time ever we hosted thanksgiving at our house this year. Due to ben's work schedule we weren't able to go out of town to see any family that wasn't local and because mamaw is in the midst of moving and what not, I got nominated to host the big day this year. Not exactly sure how this happened, maybe back in the summer time it sounded like a good idea to me and I volunteered us to host? Maybe someone else asked if I wanted to? I'm not real sure but regardless it was at our house this year! And about monday/ tuesday I was hugely regretting that BUTTTTTT...I'm happy to say after many many days of preparation, stressing, pulling my hair out, yelling at my husband, ignoring my 2 year old, re-arranging our house, it pretty much came off without a hitch! haha. Kudos to all of you out there who host the holidays in your home every year, I never realized what all went into the preparing for the festivities.
Maybe cause it was at our house this year, maybe cause of the cold weather that came through texas, maybe cause I have SO much to be grateful for this year, maybe cause aiden is at such a fun age, I can't really put my finger on one specific thing but for me this was one of the best thanksgiving's ever. From start to finish the day just felt filled with so much love, joy, warmth, laughter, HAPPINESS. I can't explain it, just something I feel but I am incredibly thankful! :)
Our day started off with waking up to the cold cold weather, it has been in the 70's on wednesday and in the 30's on thursday! Go figure. So we spent some family time in the backyard playing with the happiest little boy I know.

He loves to take this picture!

And he helped daddy rake the leaves in our backyard so people could go outside.
Then we came back inside to get cozy by the fire and watch the Macy's thanksgiving day parade.

What a fun relaxed morning we had cause I had done all my stressing days in advance so by TG morning I was ready to ENJOY!

The beverage station

These were a couple of our mommy & me projects from this week. Pilgrim hat mums and pilgrim hat cookies.


The adult table set

And the "kids" table

A close up of our place cards. Another mommy & me project. Painting pumpkins and cutting more leaves!


The candles are lit and the fire is going, we are READY! :)

The men in my family doing the manly job of dropping the turkey into the fryer.

Make sure you have the fire extinguisher handy...

And step BACK!

My parents.

Time to eat. The "kids" table. Aiden is really the only kid, the next youngest is 16.

And the adult table but you can get a glimpse of everyone stuffed into my kitchen. 20 people over for dinner, no biggie!

It was also my cousin Rob's 21st birthday so we had a cake for him, somehow no mater who's birthday it is, aiden always gets in on the action!


Cake/ Dessert time! Aiden's favorite!

Sitting around in the living room watching football.


Yay go cowboys!!!

Aiden showing out for all his guests.

I don't know? My family's a bit crazy.

Yeah.

Dale's family.

US!!!
Aiden didn't really want his picture with us. He wanted to stay with my twin girl cousins.

Our family! Again aiden doesn't want to be in this picture.

These are his two favorites. Weeny & Jordy! (Tiffany & Jordan)

Kat and nathan had already left by this time so aaron was kim & david's only child.


Like I said, we had a really GREAT thanksgiving. I hope everyone enjoyed it as much as we did. After this Ben, aiden, and I put on our christmas PJ's and started watching christmas movies. Aiden and I stayed in those PJ's and close to the fire most of the day on friday as well while ben had to work, no black friday for us but it has been a happy, cozy, relaxing holiday weekend. I'm ready for the holiday season!

2 comments:
It was a great Thanksgiving and Jenni and Ben were the perfect host and hostess.
Everything looked so pretty and inviting. It was a great Thanksgiving!
You are the hostess with the mostess!! Looks like yall had a fabulous time. Special times.
Post a Comment