Monday, October 15, 2007

why we can't wait for the baby to meet you....DAVE

Dave Fresh is my step father. He has been a part of my life since I was 5. I do not think of dave as a step father but as my real father and the man who raised me. What do you say about a man who after he raised his own 3 children took on the responsibility of raising 3 more? The words that come to my mind when I think of dave are: selfless, giving, and loving. Without dave's influence I know I would not be where I am today or the man that I am today. Dave instilled morals, responsibility, determination, and most of all faith in my life. Dave has been a great father, teacher, and mentor to me. I know that having dave as a father has prepared me to be the kind of father that I hope to be. While growing up I trusted dave's judgement and advice and it has led me to who I am. I hope that my child will respect me and look up to me in the same way. I know that dave will be a wonderful grandfather to our child just as he is to the 6 grandchildren he already has.

My favorite memories of dave are: Starting in middle school I got to work with him in the lawn irrigation business. We got to spend a lot of time together and those are good memories for me. Other memories are how involved dave was as a father no matter how long of a work day he had he always made time to play basketball with us at night, or come watch our baseball games. He never missed any kind of sporting event we were involved in and he was always one of our coaches. Some other great memories with dave are that he taught me how to drive, let me shoot his guns, riding horses when we were little, white water rafting, family trips to tennessee and north carolina, and raising exotic farm animals. I am the only kid from florida to have been raised with goats, emu's, pigs, cows, ducks, chickens, feasants, horses, ostriches, rabbits, and a pet peacock.

I have a lot of memories with dave, he has been a great father and friend. Jen and I are both so excited for him to meet our baby and introduce the baby to all his corny/funny jokes. There is definitely only one dave fresh.

3 comments:

David Cox said...

i would also like to thank dave. the man you have helped to create was the one God was preparing for my jen. in that way He was working thru you for me. praise God. thanks dave! God is amazing how he connected us before we knew. stay tuned. He is not done wirh us.

Scooter Cox said...

What a sweet tribute to a very special man.

I agree with Grandma Karen. This is a great way for the "other" side to learn more about the special people in your life.

I like the pictures that you are adding.

This will be a very special keepsake for your Baby.

Love you both.

Grandma Karen said...

I have always thought that Dave was a very special parent and I have always been thankful that our Lord blessed my daughter with a wonderful husband, and her children with such a great dad. However, it's not often that a parent gets hear from the child that all his efforts are appreciated, and that he is loved so much. Ben, it takes a great son to appreciate a great dad. You will make a great dad!