We had a wonderful thanksgiving which is evidenced by my previous post with all the thanksgiving pictures. We went over to dale and angie's for thanksgiving lunch and she had everything decorated very festive and the food was awesome! We of course had way too much! Then we spent the afternoon watching the cowboy game. The men in dale's sanctuary (the media room) and the women downstairs. Aiden was the life of the party and was quite handsome on his first thanksgiving! At haltime of the cowboy game we left and came to mamaw's to finish up the cowboy game and then watch the texas game. The newlyweds (jarod and beth) came over to watch the game and spend the night. We had lots of fun looking at their honeymoon pictures and beating texas A&M. Black friday ben had to get up and go to work early but jarod, beth, mamaw, aiden and I went to north park mall for lunch and to see the train exhibit. There were sooo many people out. The place was an absolute zoo. I couldn;t find a parking spot and was about to just flip out and start crying when jarod said get out and go inside and I'll park the car. It worked out much better that way! I do not like being out with that many people. I know it is some people's holiday tradition to go out shopping on black friday but not me! It just stressed me out! Once the stress of parking was behind us it was ok. The stores were crowded and there was no way we were getting in to see santa before the mall closed but that was ok. We went to the north park train exhibit which was really pretty cool. Aiden really liked looking at the trains. Here are some pics from that.

In line with his ticket. All aboard for fun!!!

Uncle Jarod with Aiden. He is just way too interested to focus on the camera.

Uncle Jarod and Aiden checking out the trains. So sweet. Aiden really was fascinated by those trains!

Beth and I by mount rushmore. I was pretty excited about this!

The dallas skyline

Aunt Beth and Aiden! Too cute!

I am not sure which trains are in the background but I think this picture is so sweet. Aiden really loves his new auntie beth!

Mommy and Aiden as train conductors!

Jarod really thought this was hilarious! Aiden goes to the white house...

Mamaw and I with the new york skyline

If only he was a happy boy! Here he is happy to be in his stroller!
So all in all we had a pretty great thanksgiving celebration. Although we missed spending the time with ben's side of the family. We usually go to tennessee for thanksgiving but because of ben's new job there was no way he could get friday off so we didn't have enough time for a visit. We were sad about that. Just didn't feel like thanksgiving without sausage balls and the cold Tennessee weather! Hopefully next year! Hope everyone's thanksgiving was wonderful and safe. This marks my most favorite time of the year...Christmas season! The stores are playing christmas music, the decorations are up, the red cups are at starbucks, Christmas movies play on TV, and Santa is on his way! I love it! It's the most wonderful time of the year!!!:)
3 comments:
love the conductors hats.
where is Mammaw's hat?
These pictures will show up some day in his slide show.
I know you were sad not to get to go to Tennessee and get Aiden's picture with the buckboard.
Sorry Aiden didn't get to see Santa.
He can plan to come over when Santa comes to my school.
Jen, If you like that train exhibit, then, if you have time, take Aiden and others to the front entry way of Children's Medical Center in Dallas. When Blake had all of that kidney testing in 2000, we would just stand and watch that train exhibit. It was very cool to see. I love your writing and pictures!! Looks like you had a great time, but...North Park the day after Thanksgiving????? Are you CRAZY?!?!?! WOW, you are brave or insane... :)
Wow, you all had a great time. Aiden looks cute as always. We had a small, quiet Thanksgiving here. My dad, Kathy, my mom, my brother Jody and his girlfriend,my nephew Jacob and Dave and I had a nice quiet day. I have a hard time cooking for a small group though. I cooked enough food to feed thirty. Jen, I still have 200 sausage balls in the freezer for you when you, Ben and Aiden get to come for a visit. It wasn't the same this year without all six kids and spouses and grandkids. We were thankful that all were with some family though. Grandma Karen left this moring at 7:00 and got home around 6:30 tonight. Yesterday was Angela's birthday and tomorrow is Ken's, so they came over for supper tonight.
Thanks again for opening the Blog Thanksgiving day, I was trying to show Dad and Kathy pictures.
Love you all
Post a Comment