It's been pretty busy around here with the party, christmas, shopping, getting holiday cards together, buying presents, decorating, etc. The christmas season is here and in full swing. In that spirit my family is going to holiday in the park at six flags this weekend! I am so excited to take Aiden and hopefully I will have some good pictures to share!
Thursday, December 11, 2008
Fa la la la la
I have good news!!! We talked to the photographer who took Aiden's precious pictures with the old timey santa. The ones that got lost. See previous post if you don't know what I am talking about. Anyways he was sooo great and he is replacing the entire order for FREE!!!! Yes talk about making my christmas! He just made himself a friend for life! Now I feel kind of dumb about how badly I reacted and how sick I got and how much I cried. What's even worse is now my know-it-all husband is like "see I told you it would work out!" so calm and easy going. Anyways that's the good news but we may or may not get the pictures before christmas since he is having to order them again but either way I WILL GET THEM and that's what counts! In other news, this week has been crazy so far. Mamaw had her ladies bible class over here for a brunch on wednesday and we spent two days getting all the baby stuff out of the downstairs and putting up card tables and decorating tables and getting out dishes. The party was great (so I heard, I conveniently wasn't here) and now we are still trying to get all the stuff put back up. So during this party on wednesday Aiden and I went to North park mall to get Aiden's picture taken with the mall santa. I figure no matter what you are supposed to take children to the mall to see santa right? So we went and I got there at 9:40am. The mall opened at 9:30. They gave me a number. It was #42! I was shocked...the mall has only been open 10 minutes and there are 41 people in front of me? Yes the MALL has only ben open 10 minutes but apparently you can get there before the mall open at 9am and get a number! CRAZY!! So my number was not called until around 1pm. And then even when your number is supposedly "called" you get put in the "line" which consists of about 10 people in front of you so then you stand in line for 30 minutes waiting to see santa. Then you get up there and get the picture with santa and then you turn right back around and get in ANOTHER line to see your picture. When the whole ordeal was over it was around 2pm and they hadn't even gotten a good picture of Aiden. Aiden did smile but they missed it. They took 4 frames and he either wasn't looking or had his eyes closed or something in all of them so I didn't even buy one! I got a couple on my camera that were just as good as those. So I guess the moral of the story is that don't take your child to get their picture with santa unless you are prepared to spend the enitre day doing so. Maybe that's just north park because it is one of the busiest and most popular shopping malls in dallas but still!
It's been pretty busy around here with the party, christmas, shopping, getting holiday cards together, buying presents, decorating, etc. The christmas season is here and in full swing. In that spirit my family is going to holiday in the park at six flags this weekend! I am so excited to take Aiden and hopefully I will have some good pictures to share!
It's been pretty busy around here with the party, christmas, shopping, getting holiday cards together, buying presents, decorating, etc. The christmas season is here and in full swing. In that spirit my family is going to holiday in the park at six flags this weekend! I am so excited to take Aiden and hopefully I will have some good pictures to share!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
So glad you got it worked out with your pictures!! Looking forward to seeing them.
That's my Benjamin, calm and easy going. Kidding aside, I am so thankful you will get your pictures. Mall Santa's never seem to work out, they herd you around like cattle and by the time it's your turn, the child is tired and crabby. The pictures you took are good, pretty nice Santa for the mall.
We had 4 1/2 inches of rain Wednesday and Thursday and THursday night it turned to sleet, then came the SNOW.... 2 inches of wet, slushy snow.....enough to close school today.
You sure sound busy.... don't forget to slow down, relax and enjoy the season.
miss you all
Glad everything worked out with the Santa pictures. And sorry about the mall Santa thing...just move to a small town and you won't have to wait in line to see Santa! WOW! Number 42! Can't believe that!
Post a Comment