Friday night we started celebrating Christmas at our house. First of all we recieved this HUGE box on friday from UPS. I took a picture of the outside of the box but I am not gonna put it on here because it has both ours and my in laws address on it and the blog isn't private yet! Anyways it was HUGE! and inside was a TON of presents!! It was so exciting. Now let me back up a little here...Mary ellen (my mother in law) wrote me an email telling me this package was coming and that when it got here the boxes would say "open before christmas" and to please go ahead and do that. The more I thought about this the more I LOVED this idea. Mostly because sometimes I am still like a little kid and I love getting presents early, but other than that I was excited for Aiden to get the chance to open some presents where we could take a whole bunch of pictures when the entire family wasn't here and all the craziness that is christmas in my family. Thirdly, I decided I loved this idea because right now Aiden is constantly being told NO! about everything in the house. We are trying to wrap presents, mamaw's working on Aiden's stocking, we're putting out decorations, getting all of his stuff out of the way for christmas, etc. so I was excited at the thought that he would have these new things from grandma and grandpa to play with for a few days before the madness of christmas! So friday the box came and Aiden took a long afternoon nap so I decided we would do it when Ben got home from work on friday night. I called my mother in law to make sure this was ok with her and she said something to the effect of..."Of coures so you can do it tonight, that's fine but don't get too excited it's just a couple of things and the labels should say "open before christmas" and who they are for"...I am paraphrasing but that was the gist. Now in hindsight that converation sounds totally different but at the time I thought "of course I am excited and what do you mean there are just a couple of things, there are a TON of boxes here, and why does it matter that they say 'open before christmas' I just said we were going to do it tonight?" But I just told her how excited we were and that we would do it as soon as Ben got home and we would call them afterwards. So ben got home we had a FABULOUS time watching Aiden. He didn't really tear at the paper like we thought he would. He kind of just looked on while I did it and then he would immediately want to take whatever I had unwrapped for him. He was definitely interested just didn't want to be as involved in the whole paper thing as I thought he would be. So anyways we had a great time. I got awesome stuff! I think I was more excited than anyone. Aiden was playing with his stuff. I was already trying my stuff on just as happy as could be when Ben called his parents to say "thank you" and lo and behold.....we weren't supposed to open EVERYTHING!!! Apparently there were CERTAIN boxes that were supposed to be open before christmas and the rest weren't. Now if you go back and read the paraphrased conversation....it makes sense.....apparently some said on the bottom of the actual christmas present "open before christmas" I paid no attention to this. I paid attention to the name labels. Yeah that's right she had all these presents wrapped, labeled, and put into the giant box that was mailed. She's a superwoman! So basically long story short....we already had our christmas from grandma and grandpa and we loved every second of it! Until we found out we weren't supposed to....then I felt bad. I LOVE LOVE LOVE everything I got though and Aiden is thoroughly loving his toys and I still think it was a great idea even if it turns out it was more my idea, than theirs. So anyways merry christmas to us!! haha. I am embedding the slideshow of the 63 pictures we took during the ordeal. I hate doing it this way but like I said in my last post...it just takes way too long to upload that many onto blogger so everyone watch the slideshow! Aiden is precious. Thank you grandma and grandpa!!! We loved the gifts and we loved opening the presents early :) of course we wish we could have been with you guys.
P.S. Sorry about opening them all early!!!
Sunday, December 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
That sure was a lot of words "rationalizing" why you opened everything early!
I love the pictures! Be sure you click on the box so you will enlarge them and look at them big.
My favorites are the ones with the books and the bowling pins. I also like the hat! Looks like Grandma had a fun time picking out.
Aiden is getting so expressive.
Looks like Mary Ellen was good to you and Ben too.
You summed that up perfectly, I am trying to read this to Dave and can't stop laughing. You are precious, So there you go, you started your own version of a family tradition :)
Love you all
Those are so cute!! Aiden is getting a lot more hair! :-)
I would like everyone to know I was not at home when the packages were opened!! Perhaps I could have helped Jen read the "bottom" of the boxes!! They were very excited when I got home.Mary Ellen and Dave were great santas,
Mamaw
The comments crack me up about as much as Jenny trying to rationalize the "opening up early" thing...although...I'd done the exact same thing!!! Jenny, you should be a writer. I just LOVE reading your blog and you sure have a way to capture your audience.
Post a Comment