Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Merry Christmas to You and Yours!!!

happy holidaysThe next few days promise to be VERY busy ones. I have been running around like a crazy kid trying to get all the groceries, presents, wrapping supplies we need. Nothing like waiting until the last minute huh? Now I am going to share something...I have noticed a different atmosphere out there in the masses this season. People aren't happy, there's very little christmas spirit. There seems to be more stress, more rudeness, more hurry. Maybe it's all in my imagination but it seems downright depressing out there. I have been to several stores that are going to be closing after the holidays due to the economy. I have been to stores where things are so discounted they are basically just giving their stuff away. It is sad. These are bad times for a lot of people. I have been somewhat sad or down or whatever the word you want to use because ben and I can't afford to get nice presents for everyone like we usually do. Not to ruin the surprise, but we are giving lots of pictures of Aiden as our gifts. For obvious reasons we just really can't afford to do much this year. We are only getting each other little "stocking stuffers" and focusing on making Aiden's 1st christmas special. How crazy is that? He would be perfectly content to play with the boxes and paper! But in the last couple of days I have made over my attitude. I am so incredibly blessed. Ben and I have way more than a lot of people and this isn't a sad christmas for us like it is for some. This is going to be a great christmas full of memories, tradition, love, and family and I need to stop focusing on the gift part of the holiday. That's not what's important! Or I think that Dr. Seuss said it best..."And the Grinch, with his Grinch-feet ice cold in the snow, stood puzzling and puzzling, how could it be so? It came without ribbons. It came without tags. It came without packages, boxes or bags. And he puzzled and puzzled 'till his puzzler was sore. Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before. What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store. What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more."
-- Dr. Seuss
I hope everyone has a VERY merry christmas! Full of all the things that really matter. Family, love, faith, laughter, and hope. I have so many blessings in my life and I am going to spend the rest of my holiday season thanking  and praising God for all that he has given me. I probably won't post again until at least a few days after christmas but I can guarantee I will have LOTS of video and pictures to share. Until then everyone have a safe and happy holiday!!! All our love!









The reason for the season:"Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord. This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger." Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying, "Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace to men on whom his favor rests.” Luke 2:11-14


2 comments:

Debbie said...

Well Said!!

Christmas has become toooooo commercialized anyway. We don't need to race around buying all those gifts anyway. We just need to gather together and let the blessings of family wash over us.

Britt said...

That is exactly right. I think the more you get older, the more you realize that Christmas isn't just about presents. It's about celebrating Jesus' life and being with your family.

I'm very blessed also and I'm very thankful for that. I can't wait to see you this weekend Jenny!! I hope yall's Christmas is great and safe!