Man it feels like we are just going, going, going right now. I need a day to recuperate and just stay home and do nothing! I like those days :) Anyways thursday after aiden got of school we headed over to hang out with mamaw until Ben got off work. We went shopping and aiden was even a very good sport, waving and saying hi and bye to everyone that passed him. He's very social these days. When ben got off work he met mamaw and I back at her house to go out to dinner. We went to KYOTO, a japanese steakhouse in rowlett that is one of ben's all time favorites and if he gets to pick, he usually chooses this place. It was exciting though because this time aiden really got into the experience. He watched the cooking on the hibachi grill with great interest and he even used the child rigged chopsticks that they gave him to eat his food! AND he wasn't half bad at it. Besides that he had his first taste of shrimp. I think he liked it.








Then thursday night I got a call from a friend of mine who goes to church with us to ask if I could keep her daughter during the day on friday because their sitter was sick. I said sure and so aiden and I spent the day playing with a little girl who is 13 months old. I learned that Aiden is SOOO sweet with babies. He would bring her his toys to look at and when she would cry he would go over and hug her and pat her on the abck and say "baby ok, baby ok". I think this is great because this is what we do when aiden gets hurt, we hug him and say :it's ok, it's ok". The only downfall was trying to get them both down to nap when they could hear each other. The little girl would cry and I would hear aiden yelling from his crib "baby ok???" baby ok???" and when I went in there to tell him yes she's ok, you go night night, he was trying to crawl out of his bed, all the while asking if she was ok? Very sweet but not conducive to napping! After nap time, or a mutual laying down for about an hour. We all went outside to play and again aiden wanted to "take care" of the baby and pull her in the wagon, help her on the slide, etc. What a sweet sweet little boy I have. I also learned that after 9 hours of watching both a clingy 13 month old who always wants to be held and a VERY active 2 year old who runs here and there and everywhere...adds up to a very exhausted ME!

Aiden showing little Mckenzie his books and toys.

Such a sweet little girl

Such a sweet little boy. Pulling "the baby" in the wagon.
Then Saturday morning we did what has become our saturday morning ritual of waking up, playing in our bed, and then making a big breakfast as a family. Whether it be waffles, pancakes, bacon and eggs, french toast, this is the day that I go all out to make us all breakfast. Not gonna lie, most other days it is something that is easily mixed, poured, or microwaved. Saturdays are special. Also because daddy is home when aiden wakes up. A little video of aiden and daddy playing in our bed. Aiden likes to "play" going night night. I think it's cute. Still couldn't get him to sing jesus loves me. I'll keep trying to get it on video.
After breakfast ben and I got our own little respective fun times. Meghan (my friend whose daughter I watched on friday) invited me to go get a pedicure and benw anted to go hit golf balls since it was such a pretty day. So ben went to the driving range for a couple of hours and when he got back I went to get my toes done with meghan. We had such a good time that they invited us over for dinner but we talked them into coming over to our house instead to cook out on the back patio since it was such a pretty afternoon.

Look I actually took a picture of adults!
DJ and meghan with their daughter mckenzie. DJ is the worship minister at our church.
Then this morning of course we had bible class and church and now all is quiet in my house. Both the boys are taking naps and I am catching up on my pictures/ blogging. Hoping that I get done in time to lay down for a few minutes before we have to leave to be back up at the church at 5pm. I need a day of recovery. Maybe tuesday because tomorrow's mommy & me is going to be super fun!!!
4 comments:
wow.... you all are always busy. Hope you all got good naps this afternoon. Thanks for the great pics and video. We love the videos. Makes us laugh everytime.
Love and miss you all.
great video! He is getting so verbal.
Thanks for posting these precious pictures of him with the chopsticks. So cute!
Waaaaay too cute! I see that he he is going to make a WONDERFUL older brother.
aiden pulling mckinzie int he wagon is so precious.
it was so much fun to watch aiden with the chop sticks;but who is that old woman with him!!?
Post a Comment