Aiden went on a HUNT in the grass but for PEEPS! And the grass was easter grass that I filled the bathtub with!
Aiden had to find all the "hidden" bunnies and chicks in the grass.
He LOVED playing in the bathtub full of easter grass. So much fun.
Of course some of the little guys met this fate...
And this too... It's a snack AND an activity!!!! BUT most came out of the hunt still alive! Aiden and I then sorted them all out by colors (we are trying to work on our colors!) and took them to the kitchen to make a special easter PEEP craft!
Aiden's ready! I was very shocked by how much he really liked the craft. Usually he will only do a craft for a few minutes and then I end up finishing it but he really liked this one!
We were making a PEEP wreath!
And Aiden was such a BIG help!
Cutest little boy and peep wreath I've ever seen!!!
Our completed craft. I think it turned out pretty cute!
And then of course, you have to dye easter eggs for easter right?!?! The little 99 cent kit I bought came with a magic crayon that you color on the eggs first and then when you dye them whatever you colored or wrote shines through so here's aiden coloring the eggs!
And the dyeing! I was also suprised by how much he loved to dye the eggs. The only problem was that he would pull the eggs out of the dye with his hands and say "ooh cute!" and then...
PLOP them back down into a different colored bowl...so we have some cracked eggs and some just tie dyed eggs
Aiden and Mommy eggs!
All done with the dyeing, now time for STICKERS!!!
And all done! We came away with 6 eggs that aren't too badly broken. We started with 8 and you can tell a couple of them are tie dyed and a couple of them are a little cracked but other than that they are PERFECT! Plus it's the experience that matters anyways right??? and we had a BLAST!
4 comments:
what a cute idea with the peeps and the wreath.
did you hang it on your door?
Love - Love - Love the wreath! I hope you hung it on your door.
That picture of Aiden getting his hair cut with the hair all over his leg is PRICELESS!! He is looking at you like you have subjected him to some sort of cruel and unusual punishment. ha ha
Love - Love - Love the wreath! I hope you hung it on your door.
That picture of Aiden getting his hair cut with the hair all over his leg is PRICELESS!! He is looking at you like you have subjected him to some sort of cruel and unusual punishment. ha ha
He is so cute! I love his hair cut, he looks adorable. And that wreath looks delicious. :) Yall sure do have fun.
Post a Comment