Friday, March 19, 2010

Mommy & Me= SPRING Break!

So for mommy & me this week aiden and I are celebrating SPRING break! We are playing outside, making spring treats, having picnics, blowing bubbles, and making spring flowers!!! Oh how we love to be outside in this beautiful weather celebrating the start of SPRING!!!
I made aiden "SPRING" rice krispie treats using peeps instead of traditional marshmallows. The idea was to give the rice krispie treats a little bit of spring color and peeps are just a tiny bit sweeter than regular marshmallows so oh so yummy!!!
Our green for SPRING rice krispie treats! Yummmm
Ready for our SPRING picnic!
Aiden's excited!
What a handsome and grown up little boy I have. Notice his cute SPRING outfit he just got for his birthday from mamaw. Love it.
These started to load out of order here...
This is aiden washing his hands and feet off AFTER the craft...
We made SPRING flowers out of aiden's hand and feet prints. For a little boy who doesn't like to color he sure does love paint?? go figure!
Blowing bubbles
And more
Our SPRING flowers!!! It's still a bit too early to plant actual spring flowers.
Roses are red, violets are blue
I love these spring flowers most
cause they're a part of YOU!

3 comments:

Grandma Karen said...

Poor little Peeps - just kidding. What a cute way to make green krispie treats. Again, really cute pictures. Can his cute little feet touch the pedals on the bike yet?

patcox said...

loved the fact you can celebrate spring by just staying in your back yard.

the "picnic" quilt was made by Aiden's great-great grandmother for Aiden's poppy. which means Aiden was have a wonderful spring picnic on a nearly 52 year old quilt. that makes for some very precious memories!

Debbie said...

Sooooooo cute. It never occurred to me to make Rice Krispie Treats using Peeps! I will have to try that.