Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas Eve 2010

This post has taken FOREVER to create! My internet has been going in and out ever since christmas so getting pics uploaded, edited, made into collages and likewise with videos, has been a monumental task!!

Christmas eve was a bit different this year. We always gather as a family at mamaw's house for christmas eve festivities but this year mamaw has a NEW house!!! So it was fun to christen the new place with our first family gathering. The other thing that was different this year was that Jarod and Beth were not able to attend, they went to TN to be with beth's family this Christmas. A bit hard for my little family, our family of 4 (my parents, jarod and me) have never been apart on christmas ohhh since we were born so yeah I felt the absence of my brother this year but ya know what they say...life goes on!! We're all starting new chapters in our lives! We missed jarod and Beth a LOT but we're glad they got to spend some special time with her family that they don't get to see as often. Oh and the 3rd thing that was different this year, with mamaw's new house, she is now switching up the menu on us? We have always had the same menu on christmas eve, again I think since I was born?? But this year we had different stuff. Can you tell I'm a creature of habit? I'm not a fan of change.

So even with all the changes Christmas Eve came off wonderfully. I am convinced that Christmas is just more fun when you have little kids. There's that magic to it. Aiden helped pass out all the presents to everyone and loved doing that. He also helped unwrap everyone's presents and loved that even more. Although he would promptly move on when he realized you did not receive a truck! Aiden loved our "singing carols" time as long as we were singing his two favorite songs: Jingle Bells & Santa Claus is Coming to Town. He loved that he could use his nice manners and sweet smile and get unsuspecting family members to give him cookies that mommy had already said no to. And of course we all loved being together and playing as a family. It was a great night.

Mamaw's New House ready for its first Christmas Eve.
All the presents and FUN!
Singing Christmas Carols
FAMILY!
More family and the traditional pajama picture.
Reading with Aiden

Now it's possible that I'm somewhat partial but I think these are some of the cutest videos there ever were.

1) Aiden singing jingle bells in front of our tree dec 23rd. It's possible that making cookies for santa before trying to get this video was not the best plan of action?


2) Singing carols on Christmas Eve


3) The reading of "Twas the night before Christmas" and setting out cookies for Santa.

That's it for Christmas eve. I will try to get around to working on the mumbo jumbo post for Christmas day here soon!

post signature

1 comment:

Scooter Cox said...

very good pictures! I love the pajama pictures and of course the collages.

I especially love the videos.

Thanks for taking the time to upload them. I know it takes FOREVER but we ALL appreciate it so much and so glad you have this journal for Aiden to look back on one day.

How I would love to have a journal of the cute things you and Jarod did when you were little.

Keep it up!