Saturday, December 4, 2010

Monday November 29th Mommy & Me= Trains, Santa, Christmas OH MY!

Mommy & Me for the month of december is going to look a bit different than normal. Because I have so many fun things planned for aiden to really get into the holidays this year it 1) won't always happen on mondays and 2) won't always just be aiden & I. We want to include daddy in our family fun as much as we can and we may even include some other family members as well. So without further ado...this week for mommy & me we spent the day as a family getting ready for the season!!

We went over to North Park mall in Dallas to show aiden the Lionel train exhibit. I thought he would really like it this year since he's so into trains. It was really neat.

The train model of the Texas State Fair.
Dallas
Fort Worth Stockyards
Aiden was just the right height to see all the trains on the tables.
But he didn't like that he couldn't get past that pesky glass to play with the trains.
San Francisco
Washington D. C.
One happy train, boat, transportation lovin' little boy!

And he LOVED this big ride in train out in the gift shop, I was almost tempted to get it for him for christmas but then saw the price tag and decided nahhhhh...

Then we hadn't really planned on it but we took aiden to see SANTA!!! Now back story..I took aiden to see the north park santa for his very first christmas. We got all dressed up, we got there early, got our number, and had to return at like 4PM or something absurd like that before his number was called. It was an awful experience. I vowed to never do that again. Too many people want to take their kids to see the north park santa and the wait is just crazy and by the time it is your child's turn you're so ticked off at santa, it really ruins the magic of the moment ya know?? BUT...we saw that there was basically NO line and he could get right in to see santa so we thought, hey we're here let's do it. Aiden didn't have on the outfit I would have chosen for his santa picture but what are you gonna do right?
Waiting outside santa's house for the 2 people ahead of us to get done! I was so excited that aiden was so excited to see santa this year.
He did GREAT!!!! He sat and talked with santa for a good 5 minutes. He told santa how he wants trains, trucks, and cars for christmas. Shocker!
Santa told aiden how he would be coming christmas eve and to listen for the sound of sleigh bells.
and aiden smiled happily while he sat with santa!
I was so happy that aiden liked santa this year. I think it's going to be a GREAT year for christmas in our house.

Then just to make sure santa doesn't forget what aiden wants for christmas, we went over to macy's to write letters to santa.

And sending it off to the north pole! Ok santa has been officially told what aiden wants! Hope he comes through :)

Then when we got home we spent the rest of our afternoon/ evening taking down the fall decorations and exchanging them for the Christmas.
This is our completed November thankfulness tree. We loved you thankful tree but now that november is over, we're trading you in...
For Our christmas tree!

Our stocking are hung by the chimney with care...
And ben did an excellent job of putting up our christmas lights! It's beginning to look a lot like CHRISTMAS!!!

post signature

1 comment:

Sherry Bryant said...

I LOVE your tree and decorations!! I sure hope to get mine up soon....we'll see. Tell Aiden that his "Awesome" (because I refuse to be "Great") Aunt Sherry is SOOOO proud of him sitting in Santa's lap!! Such a GREAT picture!!!