Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Day out With Thomas

I'm always behind on blogging, I feel like I blog a lot so I'm not sure how that happens...

LAST sunday we had our first family of 4 outing! We took aiden (and hallie) to the day out with thomas!!! For those not preschool savvy, Thomas the train is a kids show and they have a whole line of trains, dvd's, etc. Aiden has a lot of the trains, a couple of the DVD's but absolutely adores trains anyways so there was never any doubt that Thomas would become one of his favorite things.

So the grapevine vintage railroad hosted a "day out with thomas" and it was very similar to the Polar express we rode over Christmas. They had a big area set up to do fun things with the kiddos before you got on the train. There were model trains set up, crafts, bounce houses, a petting zoo, a sandbox, and you could meet Sir Topham Hatt. (He's the controller of the railroad on the island of Sodor where thomas, percy, emily, james, and all the trains live.) **Man I feel like a nut even trying to explain this...**

Aiden had fun but once he knew we were there to ride "Thomas" he wasn't very excited by all the other things...he wanted to get on the TRAIN!!!


Model trains

My little boy loves trains
Sir Topham Hatt
Sliding down the slide in the bounce house.

And Thomas has arrived!!! It was sooooo windy that day, this was the best picture I got of aiden with Thomas. He kept having to look away.
All aboard!
Loves trains :)
This is the only proof I was even there, holding hallie, who was not as thrilled by the train...
Aiden kept doing his arm and saying "CHOO CHOO!!!"
And he would clap!
Daddy & hallie
And the conductor came over to take his picture with ben & hallie.
Aiden was too busy watching the train go.
My 3 loves!!! :)

It was a fun AND tiring family day! I hope we will get to have more fun family times now that we're taking hallie out but it is quite the ordeal with 2 kids. Ben and I were worn out after the day with thomas! But aiden had a grand old time and that always makes it worth it.

post signature

2 comments:

Miranda said...

Oh my goodness, were we there on the same day?!?!

Seriously, we need to coordinate our schedules. :)

Debbie said...

What a fun activity! Is is written all over Aiden's face how much he likes trains! Miss Hallie looks like she just goes with the flow. So cute in her red and white.