I thought it was about time to write a little post about what all of US are like now that we're a family of 4. I'm always trying to stay on top of documenting Hallie, how she's growing and changing and how she's added to our lives. So if I could sum my daily life up in two words it would be HAPPY CHAOS. It is just non stop around here. Hours pass in the blink of a second. There seems to be some kind of dirty clothes making machine somewhere hidden in my house cause I am constantly doing laundry and yet it is all immediately dirty again?? There is a tazmanian devil who will tornado through our living room every time I pick it up (I call him aiden!) and someone ALWAYS needs to be fed, changed, bathed, has to go to the potty, and on and on and on.
I really SHOULD be skinny, I really should be but somehow I'm not. I cannot tell you the amount of times I have made myself some kind of breakfast or fixed myself a cup of coffee only to look up around nap time and realize it's 2:00 pm and my breakfast and/ or coffee has still not been touched. My kids have eaten multiple times by then but somehow I haven't had time for my nutrigrain bar. Why I'm not skinny?? Cause then when I do have 10 minutes of quiet I stand over my kitchen sink trying to devour entire meals within a minute's time cause who knows when I'll get to eat again right?? It's like I'm a refugee.
If you were to show up to my house unannounced (and people keep doing this to me?? so they can vouch for this being the truth!) you would more than likely find the tornado living room, along with aiden who will probably always be in his "jamas" if he's at home (although what he calls his jamas are T-shirts and sweatpants, a boy after my own heart :) you will find me in some sort of stretchy pant/ t-shirt combination and you will find hallie immaculately dressed with matching bows, socks, etc. She's ALWAYS ready for visitors :) and we will all probably be watching/ dancing to the wiggles on TV or building train tracks on the floor or playing trucks or in the backyard if it's pretty out and if I'm on top of my game I will be folding clothes for the millionth time that day. That's my life. And if you DO happen to show up and see all this chaos, don't judge me. It may not sound awesome, but it is :)
And here's why...

My cup absolutely runs over with all the love that fills these walls every day. It's crazy and it's chaotic and I never in a million years would have thought ben and I would know all the words and dance moves to every song the wiggles sing but we do and it's great. Ben and I talked the other night about how we will find ourselves singing kids songs in our heads and even out loud when aiden is nowhere around!!! It's chaotic and it's crazy but it's MINE and I wouldn't have it any other way!!! I love my family and I even love the chaos, most of the time! And when I have those I'm gonna scream moments I've learned to go to my bathroom and lock the door :) Yes aiden comes and bangs on it and asks "mommy what ya doing? mommy you ok? mommy let me in! Mommy you going potty? I'll watch you!" and after about his 30th "mommy??" you just can't help but crack up laughing and think I don't know how I got here, but there's nowhere else I'd rather be!

4 comments:
Enjoy every minute of this Happy Chaos!! Those are precious - precious pictures! Savor every moment.
Missy...look at it this way...you will NEVER be bored. Keep on writing and taking pictures as it makes the miles between us and Yall disappear.
So cute!! I love your posts. That sounds like a great chaos to have.
such a sweet post.
please tell me Ben is is driving while you are videoing???
Post a Comment