Sunday, May 22, 2011

Mini Girls Getaway Celebrating BETH!!!

Yep I'm behind again.

Last weekend we went on a mini girls weekend to celebrate my sistr in law's 30th birthday!!! Whoo hoo! I actually left the kids overnight (gasp!) in very trusted hands with ben, mamaw, and my aunt kim all taking turns. Thanks so much for making it possible for me to go guys!!!

My mom, Beth, and I went to dallas where we stayed the night at the Stoneleigh hotel. We ate at a very fancy and yummy restaurant at the hotel, Bolla. We ventured walking in uptown dallas, for like a second and then we retired to our hotel room for some PJ and TV time. We are wild and crazy I tell ya!

The next morning we started our morning with Starbucks (of course) and went shopping for things for beth's 30th! We made pit stops for lunch at california pizza kitchen and for dessert at Sprinkles cupcakes, mmmm! The objective for the day was we were looking for fun summer outfits and trendy accessories. I later found out that the criteria was actually realllllly specific and we ended up turning north park mall upside down trying to find the very specific purse, clutch, messenger bag in a very specific not too dark, not too light, not too boring but not too over the top bag. I think I've been out of the shopping game a long time! I wasn't aware that all these criteria even existed. BUT we found it! We shopped till our little heart's were content and beth got some gorgeous things. I personally had a wonderful time celebrating my sister in law's graduation into the third decade of her life. Such a fun weekend and nice to be able to go do some girl time.

I was glad to get back home to my kidddos though. Happy Birthday Beth! I hope you've had a terrific week celebrating how awesome you are!

Oh by the way, I took lots and lots of pictures of the birthday girl. It was fun to have her pose for me doing all sorts of things. Although I may have some payback coming my way :)

Getting to the hotel...and the pictures begin!!!

"yep that's right, lay across the bed"
"now look out the window and into your future!!!"
"get into the bathtub"
Getting dressed for dinner.
Isn't she so pretty?!?! Beth remains to be one of the most beautiful people I think I've seen in real life. Yep I'd probably hate her if I didn't love her so much!
Mom & Beth ready for dinner
So gorgeous and fun
US!!!
Beth lounging in the lounge...where the cool people hang out at the stoneleigh!
In front of the restaurant
Outside, on our "walk"
After lunch comes DESSERT!
The many bags of beth!
We came, we saw, we conquered!!!

post signature

4 comments:

Scooter Cox said...

it was such a fun weekend.

You are right about Beth.....gorgeous. Inside and out!

I am blessed to have a daughter and daughter-in-law who want to hang with me.

Debbie said...

Looks like yall had a really good birthday weekend! Love Beth's orange dress.

Beth said...

Thank you for going and the post Jenni! And thank you to all the family that allowed her to come. It was great fun and a wonderful way to enjoy this milestone. Just remember, when you turn 30 I will make you pose in a bathtub for a photo.

Anonymous said...

I am jealous.... you had too much fun without me.
Beth did you buy all those purses?
Jenni I am glad you were able to get away for a weekend. Hope to see all of you while we are at the Great Wolf in a few weeks.