I know I'm behind on posting mommy & me but I wanted to wait and post these together. Our first week we were gearing up for our 2nd weeks activities so here goes...
Aiden and I spent the day again celebrating one of my favorite summer pastimes. Reading!!! We made some shade in our backyard and had a picnic and layed back and looked at our favorite books. More specifically I took the day to introduce aiden to some of MY favorite and most treasured stories. The beatrix potter stories of Peter Rabbit. These stories have always been speical to me because this is what my room was decorated in when I was a baby/ little girl. We used my baby blanket that has all the characters on it (and my mamaw made) for our picnic blanket and then looked through the stories pointing out all the characters and acting out some of the crazy mishaps peter rabbit got himself into. What a fun and relaxing way to spend a day in the shade sharing some of my favorite things with my little boy. Then because we were getting hot we made a mid afternoon snack of homemade ice cream in a bag. Aiden loved doing this. Specifically shaking the bag with the salt and ice!
MONDAY JUNE 28 Mommy & Me= Peter rabbit, Pansies, Posies, and Pizza!
This week we journeyed over to the exhibit they are currently having at the dallas arboretum about peter rabbit. I thought this would be perfect for a mommy & me field trip after we read up on our peter rabbit stories and it combines more of my favorite things about summer. Books and flowers! Mamaw joined us in the heat of the day for this mommy & me adventure! It was definitely hot but worth it! They have the thatched houses from the stories made out of flowers as well as the familiar characters. Plus they had real animals for aiden to see. Peter rabbit's flower village was very neat. I wish I had been able to get some better pictures of aiden. but we decided when we got there to rent him a wagon to be pulled through the arboretum in. We thought he would enjoy the flowers and the exhibition better that way which he DID but he loved the wagon and never wanted to get out of it. Oh well. It was still a really neat experience.
Welcome to the peter rabbit flower village!
The first house we came to was that of Temima Puddle duck
And there were real ducks swimming around inside the flower house which aiden loved watching!
The next house was Mrs. Tittlemouse's
where mamaw and aiden had a little tea party...
and aiden checked out the mouses...
The house of Mrs. Tiggy Winkle
and then seeing some of the real animals...here's peter.
and the mouses!
And finally the house of none other...PETER rabbit!
BIG peter rabbit!
Bye bye flower village! We had fun! :)
Time for a snack, it was SOOO hot!
Checking out the rest of the sites at the arboretum...there were big orange fish in this pond.
Taking a little rest in the shade!
Such beautiful flowers but after about an hour and a half of checking out the flowers in the sweltering heat we decided to pack it in and head to california pizza kitchen for lunch. What's better than pizza??? and there is nothing better than CPK if you ask me!
Aiden thoroughly enjoyed his pizza!!!
I had planned on doing water balloons when I got aiden home that afternoon to cool off but believe it or not it started POURING rain here! This crazy texas weather. You bake one minute and it's flooding the next. Oh well we'll save that summer activity for another day!
Next week we will be at the beach for our annual family vacation to padre island over the 4th of july. We will pick back up with mommy & me when we get back!
3 comments:
Looks like you had a GREAT time! Those flowers are beautiful.
Cute - Cute Post! I am fascinatd by Mrs. Tiggy Winkle's and Peter Rabbit's house! Mrs. Tiggy Winkle has periwinkles (which do not climb) all over the face of her house and Peter Rabbit has Begonias (which do not climb) all over the face of his house. So, HOW did they do that? Were they in individual pots stacked horizontally on the facade of the houses? Or were they in individual pots stuck inside cubby holes much like oversized peg board? I think I would like to visit this place. :-)
What a gorgeous place to visit and my favorite children's book. They did a beautiful job and, as usual, you did a spectacular job with the pictures.
Post a Comment