On December the 23rd we celebrated Christmas with just the David Cox family. AKA...the family I grew up in that has now expended to 10 people!!! Yes, count em, 10!! crazy!!! We started as 4 and we're only getting bigger. So awesome & surreal! :)
Anyways we went over to Gigi & poppy's house to celebrate, "just us" and we had a great, relaxing, fun time sharing some food and giving each other our gifts before the true craziness of the holiday set in. I really enjoyed doing it this way. I got to enjoy seeing my family open their gifts from us and vice versa. Plus without all the stress and chaos that tends to accompany the really large groups of get togethers. (you know what I'm talking about!!)
Added bonus...Charley Bear was 3 months old on december the 23rd. Such a big boy and oh so squishy and cute if I do say so myself!!!
Jarod family.
My family.
Presents!!!!
Aiden got this Jake & the neverland pirates ship. (he was jake for halloween if you don't remember) and he was OBSESSED with this gift.Carried it around for several days and has LOVED it even after the mass hysteria of gifts.
Hallie playing with some of her gifts.
I really enjoyed seeing her get into her toys this year.
I told pretty much anyone who would listen to get her GIRLY stuff. This lil girl is a girly girl for sure. She loves to play with my makeup, my hair products, accessories, jewelry. She adores shoes & pretty dresses. This little play mirror with accessories has been right down her ally!
Poppy with his Burberry coat from gigi. Unfortunately it didn't fit :( I just want to say that watching these 2 give gifts to each other every year is priceless. Soooo many lessons to be learned. #1) they always always try to please and surprise each other and I LOVE that. It's adorable. #2) Sometimes they strike out and they strike out BIG and it's hilarious, but they keep trying. I love my parents :)
Gigi with her gift from us. A sephora perfume gift set.
Beth holding up her gift from us. Everyone thought it was funny that I gave my gifts in diaper boxes or really just whatever I had around the house. LOL
Cute outfit for baby molly for the spring.There was a bow to match. Beth was already wearing quite a few of her gifts :)
Charley with 1 of his gifts from Poppy & gigi. This crocodile had many cutesy socks he came with.
Molly & Jarod with the octopus she got from gigi & poppy with her cutesy socks!! She was very impressed!
I really kinda love this pic. Take a look at Charley's expression. hallie just jumped up there like..."why are you taking a picture when I'm not up there?" and then charley is looking at her like "why are you here??"
Giving him his customary kiss on the head before she jumped down :)
This picture was also funny. My little girl loves to help be the mommy and wanted to "help" aunt beth with the changing of molly.
Pat pat'ing the baby doll she got. Such a good lil mommy she is.
She also got a little purse with some credit cards & a phone from jarod & beth.
Nothing better for this little girly girl. Cannot tell you how many times she's gone through my purse and I find my credit cards spread out in front of her. Maybe, just maybe this will put a stop to that.
Speaking of gifts gigi & poppy give to each other, poppy hit it outta the park this year!!! Beautiful bracelet for gigi. She was very excited!! Good job Poppy!!!
My lil handsome 3 month man! Love this smile! Love him!
Trying to get the 2 babies together in their 1st Christmas hats, They weren't having it. This pic kinda cracks me up though how MAD molly is. Charley was totally chill sitting in the same place on the couch for like 20 minutes before this pic but then sit her down and she is MAD & he is outta there!! LOL! Oh Well.
My oldest in his Christmas PJ's. He was still happy :)
We rounded out the fun evening being scared out of our wits watching jarod "fly" the "play" helicopters he got for Aiden. It said clearly on the box for ages 14 and up!!! We were all a little bit terrified since it took a 32 year old a good hour or so to get the hang of flying these things to where they wouldn't crash into things and people.
Children & dogs alike would run and seek protection from these flying toys!!! It was pretty funny/ fun though. Aiden loves to watch someone else fly the helicopters but he is very scared to try to fly them himself and honestly it's probably best that way! :)
This was a really great night and one that I hope becomes a tradition. It was really nice to do things "just us" before the chaos of Christmas eve & christmas day set in. It was nice that it was a relaxing evening, not stressful at all and that we just got to enjoy being with each other!










2 comments:
I really loved our private little gathering also. At first I was a little- sad that we had to have it early in order to accommodate all the other commitments but I think I may have liked it best. Like you said, it was before all the craziness of packed schedules.
You captured some great photo moments. Especially love the family pictures in front of my tree. It is fun to look back each year and see how the families have grown.
Now that you have your tripod we have to remember to do a group photo in the future.
You got a tripod?!! Yeaaaa - You will use that over and over and over and over and over. Looks like yall had a very good time. Great pictures. :-)
Post a Comment