Sunday, December 23, 2012

Christmas Cookies= 12th Day of Christmas!!!

Last year we made & delivered Christmas cookies for all our friends, family, & co-workers. This year I just didn't think I could pull off that massive cookie operation. I knew I wanted to make & deliver cookies to our neighbors so that we could meet more of them & just to say merry christmas to those we already know. I also had to make cookies for Ben's employees at work for their christmas party. They got them last year and were very much expecting them again this year. So neighbors & co-workers came out to 16 boxes and I decided to cut the list there. So I'm sorry to friends & family who got treats last year...Hopefully I'll be able to do more next year but this year I just couldn't manage it. 
 We made 4 different types of treats and then got to stuffing the boxes
 This is what each box looked like all stuffed and ready to go. 
 16 boxes lined up and ready for ribbon & tags. It doesn't really look like that much here but I promise ya it took me hours upon hours to make this happen. Maybe I should just stick to making 1 treat. That would definitely cut down on some prep time. Hmmmm
 1 of the little elves, all ready for cookie delivery. 
 The elves. 
I had charley strapped to me in the baby bjorn so didn't get his picture but we all went to deliver the cookies. 
 Walking the neighborhood. 

The delivery was definitely much easier on us this year too. Ben's store is just right around the corner where we delivered all of the co-workers cookies and we just walked the neighborhood to deliver to the neighbors. Sooooo much easier than driving from plano to fort worth and everywhere in between :)

Wahoooooo- that's it for the before christmas fun and what fun it has been! Such a magical year this year! Now I can move on to documenting our Christmas celebrations!!! We've already had 1 with my mom's side of the family last weekend and in the next 3 days we will have at least 3 more. Tis the season!!!

post signature

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Well, I love this time of the year. When so much is going on that you have to tune in often just to keep up. It is so sweet that you make such nice goodie boxes for your neighbors. And I love the little elves that deliver it. Fun times.

Scooter Cox said...

love it. I am sure the neighbors loved seeing that little wagon pull up.