Last Sunday we celebrated our 2nd day of christmas festivities with the Moltz fam by going to the Prairie Lights!!! We did this last year with my side of the family and it was just as big of a hit this time around. It's pretty much like any other drive through lights experience except for the extra "holiday fun zone" in the middle. This is my favorite part with small kids cause you get to get them out and let them run around in the lights for a little bit, take pictures, ride a few FREE rides and they also have concessions for purchase if you feel so inclined. (No I am not receiving compensation to advertise for Prairie Lights, I just like it :)
Packed into the minivan. We got 5 adults and 3 car seats in our van to drive through the lights. Yeahhhh for our awesome Minivan!!! (Nope no compensation for advertising the Honda Odyssey either, just a BIG fan!)
I locve this pic. I didn't realize until I downloaded it that Hallie was holding Max's hand. What sweet cousins!!! melt my heart!
Driving through the lights!
Sometimes I catch her semi- posing and I think, she knows she's cute doesnt she??
Yeah she definitely knows!! Lil Miss priss!
I love all these lights! So magical. Also notice these very large orange cones marking traffic, yeah one of those totally ended up wedged up underneath grandpa & grammy's car. Not cool!
Nativity
1 of the free rides. Aiden remembered this ride from last year and was very excited to ride it. Although last year it was spinning teddy bears and this year it was dinosaurs or maybe dragons? Not sure.
Max enjoying his after dinner drink. Not so much into the dragon/ dinosaur ride :)
Charley pretty much did this the whole time and grandpa was sweet enough to sit at a picnic table with him covered up so ben & I could enjoy doing fun stuff with our Big kids. Thanks grandpa!!
Aiden on the carousel. This point in time will always be remembered as the "pirate smile era" tsk tsk
Alex, Aunt Jenny, Aunt Casey, & Cousin max on the carousel! yay for family fun!!
Grammy riding with aiden & Hallie
Hallie waving to her audience...a.k.a. Mommy & Daddy
Aiden waving!
Running of into the winter wonderland walk through.
All of us!!
My family
Moltz- Garcia Fam
Grandpa & grammy...
Sorry Aiden is in your pic...he still gets confused when a picture is being taken and it's not of him. Blame his mommy!
Sorry for all the pics. I have a thing for Christmas lights!!!
Spoiler alert...I can't wait to post pictures of our house all done up in lights for christmas. My husband loves me!! :)
Walking in a winter wonderland....
2 of the cutest kids I know!!
The original 4 taking 1 more quick spin in the Dino/ Dragon ride before getting back in the car
And 1 more spin on the carousel...
maximillian...cute as a button this one is!!!
And on the way out...we were popped but still enjoyed a few more lights before heading home
Miss Priss...
Yeah she still knows she's a cutie patootie!!
Loved loved loved this special night with the family. If you know me at all, ya know I'm way into family & traditions and Christmas traditions are big up on my list so I was so excited that we got to do something like this while Jenny & Alex were in town!!!! Such a fun & special Night!
Tis the season to be merry & we are!!!! 10 more days of Christmas headed this way! Fa-LaLa-LaLa-LaLa!!!!!



3 comments:
Well, now I am a big fan of Prairie Lights! What fun! I also have a penchant for all the lights. I am totally into my house being lit up like Griswold's Christmas!! Can't wait to see yours. Yall got some very special pictures with some pretty special people! Glad to see Hallie starting to ham for the camera a little bit. What a cutie!!
That was our first time and it was so much fun seeing it through child eyes. Aiden and Hallie enjoyed it so much and we were so glad that Jenny, Alex and Max got to go with us. Can't wait till they move here and we can all go together again.
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE all the pictures. It was such a special time last year and I am so glad you got to enjoy it with David and Allison and Alex and Jenny. And I am so glad you got a big family picture. What a special memory to look back on for years to come.
Allison is right, nothing like enjoying the magic of Christmas through a child's eyes.
Post a Comment