Thursday, December 20, 2012

Cirque Dreams Holidaze = 9th Day of Christmas!!!

We had the pleasure of getting to use uncle Jarod's season passes to the winspear opera house to take the kids to see the Cirque de solei christmas show. I wasn't positive how it was going to go but I was hopeful that they would enjoy it the way they did the Rockettes. 
 It was called "Cirque Dreams Holidaze" which after seeing it I can tell you basically equates to everything you would expect from a normal cirque show but all dressed in christmas outfits with christmas backdrops. Which I totally think adds to the magic. It may have been my favorite cirque show I've been to. Strike the "may"...I just decided it was my favorite! 
 Aiden posing with some of the Christmas decor when we first arrived at the Winspear
 Not so good when ya get them both in there. 
 Daddy & hallie ready for the show. 
 Aiden. He was not near as terrified as this picture suggests. He was bracing himself for the flash.
 The Winspear opera house has this awesome chandelier that changes colors and comes down & goes back up. I especially appreciated it last night with the 2 little kids. Kept them entertained while we waited for the show to start. 


Ok so maybe it kept me entertained too. It's pretty cool :)

Let the show begin...

 So much fun. From the costumes...
To the acrobatics. These people can do some crazyyyyy things with their bodies. 

Intermission we let the kids run around and let off some energy in the little courtyard outside the Winspear. This place is actually really well set up for this. 

 Pretty girl. 


 Running around among the lighted trees. 

Now hallie didn't make it much past the intermission. While this show was really cool, a lot of it was lost on her. She is much more into song & dance. They had some of that but not enough to hold her attention for 2 hrs. So Ben took her to the lobby where they were able to continue to watch the show on the big screens but she didn't have to sit in her seat & stay quiet. Aiden stayed sitting in my lap the ENTIRE 2 hrs and was mesmerized by the whole thing. I loved it!!! And especially getting to experience it through his eyes. 

At one point this girl quick changed her clothes about 20 times on stage with nothing to camouflage how it was being done besides snow being thrown at her...I kept gasping and going "how are they doing that"??? and aiden just calmly told me "cause it's magic mommy"
 It was a lot of fun and I'm really grateful we got to take the kids. Thank you Uncle Jarod & Aunt Beth for the tickets!!! 

After the show we walked around the little lit up plaza in dallas for a bit. Aiden & Hallie wanted to see the BIG tree and of course I'm never gonna pass up a photo op ;)
 Beautiful!!! 



BIG BIG thank you's to Jarod & beth for the tickets & to GRAMMY who came over to Arlington after a long day at work on a weeknight to come watch Baby Charley so we could take our 2 biggest to this show. Such a great night that would not have been possible without you guys!!! Love
Love Love!!!

post signature

No comments: