Thursday, December 13, 2012

Polar Express- 4th Day of Christmas!!!

On the 4th Day of Christmas we carried on our tradition of riding the polar express in Grapevine. Aiden has long loved the train ride to the "north pole" and it's always a great way to get into the christmas spirit. Theres a little pre-train ride show, plus all of downtown grapevine is done up in lights and christmas decoration to add to the magic. Once you get on the train there's singing christmas carols and of course the visit from santa. 

OI will admit I give myself an F on the picture taking for this year. For 1) I realized once I got there that there was something wrong with my camera lens cause everything was blurring. Of course I didn't have a back up camera so I had to do what I could. 
(The problem has since ben corrected and hopefully we will not have any more camera problems to contend with during days of christmas!!)

But besides camera problems...I admit that with 3 kids...I kinda forgot some of the pictures I wish I had gotten. Oh well. 
 Before the train ride the kiddos enjoyed playing with the decorations in grapevine. Hallie especially is in love with lights just like her momma! 

 Blurrrrrry but I just love this little face 
 Hallie & Aiden ready to go with their tickets for the Polar express. 
 I told aiden to hold his ticket up and this is what I got! Silly boy! 
 The show's about to start!
 During the show. She was smiling quite naturally until I held up the camera and then it turned into this??
Time to get on board...walking through the maze of christmas trees and having snow fall on us...


 Love it. Love it. 
 These kids were so excited. I love watching their little faces light up! 

 Love this little face...watching for santa
 Santa passing out the bells to the kids who believe
 Watching santa...
 Bad bad bad mommy...this is the only picture I have to prove that Charley & ben were even with us. But I don't even have ONE of myself :(
 Sweet girl with her bell from santa


 Santa was actually really excited to take his picture with our kids. He said "don't we just look like a holiday card" :)
 After the train ride the kids went back to looking at the lights. 
And that's all I got for this years trip.

It was still a lot of fun for the kids this year but I will admit I probably enjoyed it the least this time around. Wrangling the 3 kids and messing with the camera that was acting up and not to mention it was 80 degrees in Texas this day- all of that kind of distracted from the magic for me. But hey good thing it's not about me!! Aiden said it was "the most fun he'd ever had" so I give it a thumbs up. (By the way if you hear him say this about something else he does....yeah...he's a bit superfluous but I like that about him!)
post signature

1 comment:

Scooter Cox said...

I think you got some really good pictures. Love Aiden and Hallies faces. They are So into it. And the one with Santa is great too.

That big ole bow didn't last long? Sure was cute though!