Monday, February 8, 2010

Before I get too far ahead...

Before I get too far ahead of myself..I wanted to write this blog. Sometimes my blogging is so planned, I need to do this blog this day and that blog then and so on that I have a hard time fitting in...hey this is what we've been up to!

So updates on aiden. He is getting bigger and brighter every day. He says so many words I can't count and holds entire conversations with you where you may or may not know what he is taking about. He is pretty much a human garbage disposal right now, he will eat pretty much anything and he eats A LOT! He is sooooo sweet and gives hugs and kisses when asked. He is learning to say his little prayers every night or rather clasp his hands together and keep his head down till the "amen" part. Sometimes we are a bit too long winded for him and he will look up and pull his hands apart and say "yay" or "amen" before we are done to signify that he's done. It's cute. He loves to change his clothes and will bring you different pants and shirts and say "pants" "shirt" until you help him change into whatever he's wanting to put on. We do this too many times a day when we are at home. He absolutely LOVES his bath time and any time we change his diaper he starts asking for a bath. He is also starting to understand the meaning of the "potty" and will want to sit on his potty after his bath time and when he has gone potty in his diaper he will come and tell you "potty" "diaper". He's still not even 2 yet so I'm not in a rush to potty train him but we are trying to get him familiar with the idea/ process.

One of my favorite things he does is points people out in pictures. Just last week he was pointing (i thought out the window) and saying "poppy, poppy" and I was looking out the window for a car that might look like poppy's or a man or something but there was nothing and I was like "no baby poppy's not here" but he kept saying it and then he said "poppy, cheese!". He was looking at a little 4x6 picture that poppy was in that was hanging on our wall! What a smart little boy. He can always point ben and I out of pictures and says mommy and daddy but now he recognizes poppy and gigi in pictures also. I'm still trying to work on him getting the hang of other people's names like jarod, beth, grandma, grandpa, grammy, papaw, mimi, etc. but right now he has definitely got mommy, dadd, gigi and poppy and most of the time mamaw although it sounds like "mama". Sorry if you have no clue which grandparents etc. all those names go with..I know so that's what matters! Anyways that's what's going on with aiden. He is a ton of fun to be around right now and SO full of energy and joy! He brightens my every day!

Here are some pictures.
Aww my love.
This face is full of so much joy.
Sitting with daddy and eating pizza.
And yes he still wears christmas PJ's all the time..he brings them to us constantly. Not sure why but he loves all his christmas pajama's plus they still fit! We will stop wearing them when they don't fit anymore!
We both can't wait till it is nice and sunny outside so we can play outside more! Aiden LOVES to be outside.
I see some gardening happening in the spring.
Aiden is absolutely obsessed with ALL sorts of cars and trucks and anything with wheels right now. These little wooden cars were made for ben by HIS grandfather when ben was a little boy. They have been in aiden's nursery on the bookshelf since before he was born. Now he always wants to play with them. Warms my heart! :)
Sitting on a car, so happy.
Gigi brought aiden a cupcake for groundhog's day with a groundhog sticking out of it! There's no price you can put on that face!
I love this. Is this a trick?!?! Am I allowed to eat this!?
I might be a bit biased but I think aiden is the most adorable little boy ever! Crazy cow lick hair and all!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE THIS BLOG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I agree with you, he is the cutest little boy. I love the picture of him playing with the cars and trucks my dad made for Ben. And the picture of him and the cupcake is great. I love hearing how is growing up, although I wish it wasn't so fast. Thanks for the blog.

love you all

Debbie said...

He has the most precious smile and I absolutely love that cow-lick hair. What a happy little boy!

patcox said...

he is very adorable--just like his mom and dad.

I love his cow-lick hair also!! he is getting so big--can't believe he is nearly 2..

lots of fun times ahead.