Ben signed his paperwork on friday and began this new position yesterday (monday). His official title is the assistant administrator at the mesquite campus, but while he holds this position they will pay for ben to complete all of his administration requirements for the state, to get his license, and complete his internship hours. Without knowing just a whole lot about the health care administration field, it's a big step UP the path we want to go. and we believe it will lead to GREAT things for us! We are so pleased! Plus they are going to pay ben's medical, they gave ben the salary he told them he needed, he has his own office, and he gets to continue with this company that we have both grown to love so much! We are completely ecstatic by the opportunity!
I am not going to lie, these last few months have been incredibly hard for both of us. Emotionally just as much as financially. The "unknown" is a very scary place to live. Overall, as I look back I will give myself a B- (ok maybe a C?? depends on the day..) for how I have handled this situation. I have definitely let my worry get to me and drive me crazy at times and at other times I have been much more calm and trusting. Of course I wish I could have always looked at this situation with absolute faith and confidence that we would come through on top...but I didn't. I even know that on some days I stopped talking to my parents who would constantly tell me "it's going to be ok, you'll look back and realize this was God's perfect timing" to which I would answer "Oh really how do you know?" and the infuriating response was "we just know, we've lived long enough to know"....Yeah Ok I'm done talking to you now.
The truth is, however, that I do now look back on this time as having made us stronger. Ben and I as a couple are stronger, our faith is stronger. God has blessed us more than we could possibly ever deserve. I really started to "get" it around the time the earthquake hit haiti. Not just that one event but all these other events kept happening around me. Someone we know's marriage was falling apart, people we know and love are fighting disease and illness, these people have a sick child, these people are losing their house, and the list goes on....and here I sit worried about being unemployed for 3 months. Not that being unemployed isn't big and hard...it is. Like I said, the unknown is a very scary place to live. But we are so incredibly fortunate that we are all healthy, that we have money in the bank, we have a house that we own (or will one day in like 200? more payments!), we have an amazing family, we have a happy marriage where we actually enjoy being with one another (99% of the time :)), we have so much joy in our lives. We spend our nights smiling and laughing and playing and dancing around the living room with one another. Yes we live a very blessed life!
So thank you to everyone who kept us in their prayers these last few months. Thank you to all our family who loves and supports us so much! We look forward to wonderful things ahead of us but we are prepared that this will not be the last valley to meet us through our lives (not even close!) but God is good and we are incredibly blessed!
Congratulations to my wonderful husband! I'm so proud of you and look forward to this new chapter in our lives!
9 comments:
AMEN !!!!!!!! We are proud of both of you.... And we look forward to the next chapter in your lives too.
love you
we are going to need pictures of Ben in his new office.
I am so incredibly proud of Ben and know that God is ministering to many people through Ben.
I too look forward to where this is leading.
CONGRATULATIONS Ben!! Believe it or not, we have had some of our best times when we were living on the CHEAP because we were unemployed! You will look back on those times and remember some of the insane things you did to get by as cheapy as possible while you waited on your next opportunity to avail itself. Can't wait to see pictures of your new office!
Congratulations to both of you. I'm excited because I now know who is going to take care of me when I get old.
I know Ben will do an amazing job for CCC.
Proud of both of you for being so strong during this time of "not knowing." Your blessings are many and they will just continue to grow.
Watching Aiden brings such joy to all of us. Can't believe he is nearly 2.
Ben, be sure my room is next to Dale's--he deserves it!!
Congrats! Congrats! We are excited for you!
This fantasic news. This is getting to be the family business. Ben will be great at this job! With his kind,compassionate personality and business sense he can't help but succeed. I am very proud of both of you.
Grandma Karen, It's not exactly the family business. None of my family actually WORK at christian care but it is definitely near and dear to all of us. Bear (my grandfather) was a very big influence with this organization and served on the board of trustees for many years. He also had a hand in hiring many of the people that ben is now working for. Bear LOVED this company and tried to talk many of us grandkids into pursuing this line of work. He would be very pleased that ben has decided to enter this field and that he will get to grow within christian care centers! Ben sent us all a picture the other day of bear's memorial wall at christian care centers corporate office. It is definitely a "full circle" moment for us as a family.
Post a Comment