Sunday, February 14, 2010

Things that I love...

Happy Valentine's Day to everyone! I have some big posts coming up but today I wanted to jot down some of the things I LOVE most about aiden right now. I had planned on having a list of 10...I kept writing and suddenly I had 30. How lucky I am that I LOVE my family so much!

1. How he will give you hugs and kisses on command

2. How much he loves his bath and how he tricks ben and/ or I into giving him another bath when the other of us has already bathed him for the day.

3. How sweet he is to other kids.

4. How much he loves my parents and talks about "gigi and poppy" all the time. He wants to call them, wants to see them, just jabbers about them all. the. time.

5. How he tries so hard to have entire conversations with us. He explains and explains until we get what he's talking about.

6. How rough and tumbly and FEARLESS he is.

7. How he holds his little hands together and "says his prayers" or at least is quiet for a designated amount of time. It's cute.

8. How he thinks "bye bye, love you, and thank you" all go together and he says all 3 statements to everyone as we leave any place. Priceless.

9. How he knows what he wants and aks for things all. the. time. He will say "cheese" and "cracker" and "ball" and "water" and "coke" and "cookie" and "juice" and "dip" and whatever...sometimes I think "who taught this kid all these words?!?!" but it is wonderful that he can now convey to me what he is wanting.

10. How he says "all done" when he's done eating and wants out of his high chair.

11. How he says "napkin" although it sounds like "kitken" and he wants you to clean his hands immediately after eating.

12. How he loves his utensils. Forks and spoons are a few of our favorite things!

13. How he wants his clothes changed several times a day and he will bring you which shirt and pants he wants on.

14. How he wants his socks and shoes on, even when we're not going anywhere.

15. How he can now say "more" but still does the "more" sign language while he says "more". Gigi taught him this sign at around 8 months old and it is the only sign he has ever known.

16. How he loves to sing and dance and will make up his owns songs and sit and sing them to himself.

17. How he loves all cars and things with wheels.

18.How he "hoards" all of his favorite toys and wants them all in the car with him, in his bed with him, in the bath with him, in the high chair with him, wherever he is going...he wants ALL his stuff.

19. His crazy cow lick that I CANNOT get to sit down. Ever.

20. How he loves to say potty and he loves to sit on his potty but has never actually gone "potty" in his potty. Yet.

21. How he loves fires and wants the fire going in our house at all times. I secretly do too but I don't think ben would be as accomodating if it was just me asking :)

22. How he says "rock" and wants us to rock him in his glider. He never cared about being rocked as a baby so to have these cuddly moments where he will actually stay still and let us hold him is magic.

23. How he loves "football" due to his daddy's influence and always wants it on the tv.

24. How he can point us out in pictures and loves to look through our wedding album and show me where daddy and mommy are and sometimes gigi and poppy too.

25. How he always wants to go. He doesn't care where. The destination is not important, the journey is the objective!

26. How when he is in time out, he immediately starts asking for "hugs? hugs? hugs?". He knows that symbolizes that he's done with the punishment.

27. How he says "cheese!" whenever he thinks he is doing something cute and you should be taking his picture! I have spoiled him with always having a camera in his face.

28. How his blankets are still his comfort and he carries them with him.

29. How he's never met a stranger and talks to and likes everyone he meets. This could be a problem later on...

30. How he is so excited by so many small things in life. This is the magic behind toddlers. They find joy in everything!

Happy valentine's day to everyone I love!

2 comments:

Scooter Cox said...

this is a very good list. I would add to this

I love how easy it is to put him to bed. He likes to go to bed and is never a problem when he stays over. As long as he has his "blankies" he is fine to go "night night"

I also love the way he comes in our house and immediately starts looking for "Sammie' and then his face lights up when he finds her.

And now.......he goes to the pantry and says 'CooCake" which everyone knows is cupcakes.

I buy the hostess 100 calorie pkg of 3 mini cupcakes. Aiden is a large fan of the strawberry!

Such a special little boy!

I think I need a valentine hug!

Anonymous said...

too cute.....i think he and grandpa (dave) have #29 in common...we love you all, have a great day.