Today for mommy and me Aiden celebrated the OLYMPICS! We did it in our own mommy & me unique way though. We played some games that aren't technically traditional olympic games but it was a struggle to come up with games Aiden could play.
First we did the crafts involved in getting ready for olympic day. We made olympic medals! One silver and one gold. No bronze since these games were just for 2 people to participate in. We made the olympic torch for Aiden to bring in and "let the games begin" and we made a fabulous olympic dessert, which I stole from my cousin barbie's instructions. It was her version of a mardi gras king cake....my version of an olympic ring cake! Either way SOOOOO yummy! Thanks for the recipe barbie!

All crafts assembled. Olympic ring cake, gold & silver medals, and olympic torch.

Aiden marching the torch through the house!
Afterour crafts were assembled, I tried to teach aiden an olympic song as we brought in the olympic flame/ torch. We sang and marched with the torch through the living room ending up at the fireplace. Here are the words to our olympic song! (it's to the tune of "here we go round the mulberry bush")
Here we go round the Olympic flame,
The Olympic flame, the Olympic flame.
Here we go round the Olympic flame;
Lets get ready for the games.
We will have fun and run some races,
Run some races, run some races.
We will have fun and run some races
At our Olympics today.
We will have fun and toss some rings
toss some rings, toss some rings
We will have fun and toss some rings
At our olympics today!
After a few games and Aiden being awarded the gold medal. He was ready for a nap. It's hard work competing in the olympics! We had 2 main events. One was throwing rings (who could throw the furthest) and the other was racing on our cars. I told ben last night what the events were and he was all skeptical and said "isn't it the WINTER olympics?" uhhh yeahhhhh but I am just fresh out of bobsleds and ice skates. PLUS I don't think our 2 year old is ready for that SOOOO mommy & me olympics is just a tad bit more low key! Just as fun though! :)

Aiden trying to race me in his other car...man if there was only another camera to show me. HAHA

Aiden awarding me the silver medal. I told him he had to put it on me.

But he kept tricking me and trying to keep it himself!

Aiden with his GOLD!

and the torch... I'm the WINNER!!!

Keep in mind this is right after we had been "tossing" rings so he wanted to see how far he could throw the torch!
After my little gold medal winner got up from his nap he got to try his olympic dessert, which he LOVED. Of course he did, what is not to love?!?!
Have I mentioned how Jarod like this child is starting to be?? He still wants to wear his gold medal while he eats his dessert but he is looking at his hands and waiting for me to wipe it off because he got them dirty!!
And then when daddy got home tonight, we sang him our olympic song and showed him our medals. We even shared a little olympic ring cake with daddy! Ben just told me he thinks I should be on sesame street...I am choosing to take that as a compliment!
8 comments:
I don't think you should be on Sesame Street - I think you need to start YOUR OWN SHOW!! ha ha Soooooooo cute!!
what fun! I agree ......what's not to love about a croissant cake?
love the picture of him with his torch.
please send all the pics to my phone. what a great idea wont ever look at the olymics the same way again. I am loving mondays just to see what you and aiden are going to do next!!
oh no! The pressure is on now!
I love watching the mommy and me dates too.
Do you have a tripod? If not, you should invest in one so when you're having a fabulous Mommy & Me adventure that you want a picture of (like both of you with your medals!) then you can take a picture! I know it would only work for "posed" shots but hey... only more to remember the fun by! :)
I agree, I just love Mommy and Me days. You are doing such a great job, you really are talented with the craft ideas. Great Job.
Thanks for the posts.
Love you all
Ha ha looks like yall had a lot of fun!! I want some of your cake! :)
Post a Comment