Saturday, February 20, 2010

In all honesty...

I'm posting my next "resolution" tomorrow. In all honesty these are getting harder and harder for me to share. They're not incredibly private, they're just so...me. So personal. In fact it's getting harder and harder for me to share my life on this blog simply because it's so personal. Every single person who reads my blog on any kind of basis knows me very well. I have no secrets, the life I live is laid out here on this website with pictures and words. My point being, I am struggling with sharing as much with the internet as I always have.

I started this blog strictly for my family, slowly my family gave it to their friends or the people they work with. Then I slowly gave it to very select friends of mine. I still don't have it listed anywhere and if you want the address you are going to have to either ask me or get it from someone who has it. SOOOO this blog is about as private as it can be, since I have not FORMALLY made it private and make everyone log in and so on.

I guess I am struggling because I find out all the time new people who are reading my blog, who have been reading my blog and I'm thinking to myself "but I don't know you". If you read my blog, you are in my innermost circle. You know my heart, beliefs, thoughts, dreams, goals, and my faults. You're about as close to me as you can be because I share everything (probably too much!) on this blog...but yet I don't know you??? Seems strange. Like a one-sided relationship. I also feel a tugging when people ask me for my blog site and I kind of waiver....like, uhhhh....yeah I don't know. This is outside of my comfort zone! I ultimately always give it to people who ask because if they want to read about my life (which is really not all that interesting) than more power to them.

I guess I just wanted to say that my next few resolutions are deep and personal for me and I feel funny putting them out here on the web when I don't really know who all is reading. BUT I'm not gonna stop now. In all honesty, I am who I am. Flaws, thoughts, hopes, dreams, faults, and all. In all honesty, this is me.

4 comments:

Scooter Cox said...

hmmmm!

is this were a movie.......this post is the trailer?

Kimbrliann said...

You must have something really good coming.. Preparing us huh? Now that is a tease!!

Monique and Michael said...

I think you're human honey! I'll be honest. After I post something I'll be like... oohhhh should I have just posted that? What are people going to think? Is that something I should share? And there's still plenty I DON'T share but probably should so my own blog doesn't sound so cryptic. Haha! Like you said in an earlier post (I'm paraphrasing here) - putting all of this down in your blog makes it more real so that you have to take your own goals for youself more seriously. What you write here isn't for judgement, you're doing this for yourself, and your little family you've begun. It's also extremely healthy... I should probably follow your lead and express myself more! My stress level and blood pressure might just go down! ;)

Grandma Karen said...

I don't think you should ever feel like you have to post everything in your life just because you have in the past. If you ever feel that you need refine who can read this blog you shouldn't feel quilty. You have to do what you feel is right. After all, it is your blog.

Love you!