Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Monday April 19th Mommy & Me= Earth Day

Actually tomorrow thursday april 22 is earth day but aiden and I celebrate and do things in our own time! So to try and give a little bit back to the earth and still do easy, fun things aiden would enjoy...
We went into the front yard and picked up pine cones from our pine trees to make bird feeders.
We rolled pine cones in peanut butter and bird seed. Cheap and easy bird feeder!
And aiden loved the dipping. Reminds me of easter eggs all over again.
Then because we are not really in need of new trees in our yard (traditionally you're supposed to plant a tree on earth day!)... We planted a potted azalea instead.
Aiden likes to water it.
This is what I got when I said "aiden stand with the plant and let me get your picture"
And after nap aiden got an "earth" worm and soil dessert!
So yummy and healthy too...
What a fun day. Happy earth day to all!

5 comments:

patcox said...

nothing like playing in the dirt and mud with mother's approval.

love the pic of standing with the plant.

Debbie said...

I am "digging" that earth worm and soil dessert!! ha ha - I crack myself up. :-)

Grandma Karen said...

What great ideas! I too, loved the picture of him standing with the plant. Library staff wanted to know what I was laughing so hard about in my little cubicle. Great chance to show them how cute you all are.

Scooter Cox said...

I always love to see how different people celebrate Earth Day or other special days. Planting a plant is a great idea.

Love the worms and mud.

Anonymous said...

Hopefully this post will work. The video the other day was great, thanks for sharing. And the Earth day celebration is such a great idea. Keep up the great posts.