It's a beautiful thing when your kids are people you LOVE to be around, people you would choose to be around if given the option and just generally like as good people isn't it???
I love aiden. I love him because he's my own and I would love him if he were awful and mean and in trouble constantly. Because he's mine and there's that nature thing inside you that says this child belongs to me and I could care less how awful he is, I love him.
Aiden is of course none of those things. He is brilliant and beautiful and intellectual and HAPPY. Oh so happy. If you disagree with the first 3 and don't think aiden is the cutest and smartest little boy (well you're nuts!!!) BUT everyone agrees how happy he is. He's happy about everything. He makes life just fun, the ordinary, extraordinary!!! We turn the TV on and we marvel at it, we make water blue (with the help of bath beads) and we ooh and ahh, we make funny sounds and we laugh till our sides hurt. Being 2 is a magical time. Anything is possible, everything is fun.
I truly adore aiden, everything about him! Ben and I fight over who gets to get him up on the days ben is off. Ok we don't actually fight, it's a silent fight where we say "oh no you stay in bed, I'll get aiden, no I'll get aiden..." because when you go to get aiden as soon as you open his bedroom door he squeals with delight and yells "mommy's here!!!" or "daddy's here!!!" it's a great way to start your day!
Some of my other favorite things he has recently started doing/ saying are:
=When we drive into our drive way he yells "we're here, I'm home!"
=When I say anything about "school" he follows it up with "have a good day". I think this is cause we always tell him he has to go to bed on nights before school so he sleeps well and has a good day at school and I will pick him up in the afternoon and ask him if he had a good day at school. So now you say the word "school" and he says "have a good day"!
=I love that he recognizes his grandparents houses/ neighborhoods. We drive into mamaw's neighborhood and aiden gets excited "mamaw's here!!!" and the same with gigi and poppy. We pull up to their house and from his car seat aiden says "gigi and poppy home!"
=Aiden is such a neat freak. He takes after my brother. Everything needs to be in its place and he doesn't like for his hands to be dirty and he will bring you napkins and make you clean him if he has even a crumb on his hand. His new thing is our shoes. If I leave my shoes in the living room aiden will say "no mommy closet" and he will run off to take my shoes to my closet! Sometimes he gets confused and I find my shoes in ben's closet and vice versa but still! I can't wait till he can sweep the floor and do the laundry! Just kidding.
There are about a million more. He is turning into a real little person, understanding everything I tell him to do. Our mommy & me days are becoming so much fun cause he can actually follow instructions and understand what we're doing. Like I said 2 is a magical time!
However; with all of this we are starting to see some little attitude problems on the rise. As he is getting smarter and more independent he is also becoming more defiant. SOOOO be on the lookout for my next blog entitled "Please someone come take this child!!!"I am writing this now cause I am now (in the past couple of days) starting to see some serious challenges ahead...I want to remember my loving thoughts while I have them!
Here are some picture of our sweet, adventurous, smart, happy and adorable little boy!!!
SWEET
ADVENTUROUS
SMART
HAPPY
FUN
and ADORABLE :)
5 comments:
Yes, it is a beautiful thing when you enjoy being around your kids. My kids are among my favorite people in the whole world to do things with.
Aiden is in my top 2 people to spend my day with.
He is so happy and so fun and I love watching his wheels turn. Every day he learns something new and starts saying new words or sentences.
This may be my favorite age. Enjoy every minute of it.
What a sweet little picture of him and that little girl running hand in hand. He definitely brings a lot of joy to anyone in his presence. You are blessed.
What a sweet little picture of him and that little girl running hand in hand. He definitely brings a lot of joy to anyone in his presence. You are blessed.
Jen..We enjoy your blogs so much. It is such a great pleasure to see you enjoying Aiden the way you do. We all appreciate so much the good pictures and your ability to write about these experiences. It is such a plesure to see you doing such a good job teaching Aiden. Alwasy remember that the LORD gives us about 12 years to teach our children something. If we do a good job, he will give us an opportunity to teach them some more. However, we never know when or if what we try to teach them will register. Keep up the good work. God bless you.
PaPaw Charley
I love what great parents you and Ben are. I feel the same way about my kids, grandkids, and great-grandchild. Also, I really like the captions you give your wonderful pictures.
Post a Comment