Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Saturday Swingset

Saturday we went over to mamaw's to put together a swingset she bought for aiden for her backyard. Ben's dad and stepmom met us over there so that Ben's dad (papaw) could help Ben put the swingset together. I brought along a kite since I thought it would be a fun distraction for aiden to fly a kite outside down by the lake while the men built the swingset. It didn't turn out quite how I had imagined. Turned out the wind wasn't really cooperating and Aiden was more interested in just dragging the tail of the kite. Ben tried to "show" me how to fly a kite since he thought I wasn't doing it properly. Everyone agreed at the end though that I was a better kite flyer than ben so ha! Of course there are no pictures of me flying the kite because who else would photograph?!?!
Ben running and trying to get the kite up in the air
Aiden just dragging the tail
Daddy ran off with the tail of my kite!!!
Papaw and daddy putting the swingset together. This was definitely a labor of LOVE!!! Took forever!
More assembly..
Aiden played with the slide even though it was still on the ground, he would scoot himself across it!
I sit just like grammy. Too cute :-)
Hanging out on the stairs watching the men build.
Such a beautiful mamaw.
And around 9pm they actually brought the swingset (mostly completed) into the yard.
And around 9:30 they got to see the fruits of their labor with aiden sliding!
Aiden sooo loves to slide. He would have climbed up and down that thing and kept sliding all night long but as it was, it was so late and we had to get up early for church the next morning so he only got to slide a few times before we all headed home!!! I can tell you though aiden is going to absolutely LOVE playing on this thing this summer.

No comments: