Tuesday, October 26, 2010

6th Annual Pumpkin Carving Extravaganza!!!

If you've been following my blog since it's creation then you know what's coming, if not...Allow me to tell you. Every year ben and I have a pumpkin carving tradition. We've done it every year since the year we got engaged and it differs somewhat from year to year but basically we carve pumpkins and make yummy fall snacks. Not all that grand of a tradition really but lots of fun for us! And we are loving having aiden be able to participate a little more each year. So this year was no exception. This past sunday night we skipped out on small group so that we could have a family night and do our pumpkin carving 2010!

I started our night off by steeping some yummy wassail. So yummy and made the kitchen smell AH-MAZE-ING!!!
This year aiden was more into it than past years, he actually helped get the gunk out of the pumpkins!
And our carving snack, homemade chex mix, YUM!
First pumpkin completed, can you guess what our theme for this year was???
Aiden got bored of pumpkin carving and started just putting a million stickers on his clothes.
I got bored waiting for ben to carve out the other pumpkin and took a self portrait. I then made it black and white so you can't see the MONSTER circles under my eyes!
And our after carving TREAT. It's supposed to be pumpkin bars with cream cheese icing but I hadn't cut it into bars yet so it was more like cake.
SO SO SO good though. A bar of this with a cup of hot wassail, yum yum yum!

And this is what happens when you let a 2 year old dress himself...
I have no idea?? Buzz lightyear pajama pants, a "doin" shirt (meaning my brother Jarod got it for him, that makes any shirt one of his favorites), his rangers baseball hat, and cars sunglasses!
Happy as can be. Little weirdo.
Our theme for this halloween = THE RANGERS!!!
Aiden is a texas ranger for halloween PLUS the rangers will be playing for the world series on halloween night so yeah! Go Rangers!!
Ben and Aiden.
Me & Aiden! I wish we were all wearing more "fall-y" festive, not so weird clothing for these pictures but oh well!!! It's the experience that matters!

post signature

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Love the Texas Rangers Pumpkins! Sooooooooooo appropriate for this year. Everybody is going to have to TIVO all over the place this year on Halloween night. (Is that the right word?) For those of us that don't have that, I am not sure.

But, anyway, YEAH! The Rangers will be playing and Jamie and Kim will be on a Special Halloween Edition of Extreme Makeover. And we will reprise our roll of Mr. Pumpkin and Mrs. Fat Witch!! So, going to be a busy night.

Scooter Cox said...

That's awesome. I think you should provide links where we can surf back to see previous years or just insert the pictures.

He is definitely becoming more like a little boy and less like a baby or toddler.

He cracks me up in those shades.

Can't wait to get home to see him..

Grandma Karen said...

Aiden Looks so "tough" in his shades and hat. A real dude!

Nice beard Ben :)

Love you all, GK