What an exciting past 4 days we have had!!
I started off celebrating my birthday on thursday with the news that we will be welcoming a
DAUGHTER into our family in a few months! There are not enough exclamation points or happy faces I can put into text to explain how giddy I was all day thursday! I think I danced, sang, shouted, cried, ran the entire gamut of human emotions all day long. I am just so thrilled! I don't know that ben is quite as thrilled as I am. I think he hears "GIRL" and starts seeing dollar signs! So thursday I stayed on cloud 9 and woke up on friday morning (my birthday) still so excited and happy.
Friday ben had to work all day so mamaw and kim offered to keep aiden for me so I could go shopping with my mom all day. We had lunch and scoured many many stores looking for what I wanted to get for my birthday. I got some fun new maternity clothes (badly needed) and a couple pairs of shoes! I'm a happy girl! :) I also received many "special deliveries" on my birthday. I got red roses from mamaw that had one blue and one pink flower stuck down in them and then I got two bouquets of PINK roses from ben and aiden. I think everyone was thinking in the same direction so my kitchen smells amazing right now!

From mamaw with one blue, one pink!

One from ben, one from aiden. Such thoughtful men I have in my life! :)
Since ben had to work on friday, we celebrated saturday. He made me and aiden a yummy breakfast and then we went out shopping and running around to the places I wanted to go. I even got to buy the baby girl a few things! Saturday was also my dad's birthday and we went out saturday night to the chop house to celebrate both birthdays.

Aiden with gigi & poppy.
Poppy wore a pink shirt in honor of our news this week!

Me & Ben at dinner.

One of the token presents we got for poppy was a framed picture of him & aiden on the "BIG BOAT" that aiden still talks about!

Happy Birthday dad!! With his super cool glasses my mom made us wear!

Birthday dessert. Aiden's a bit confused that every day seems to be somebody else's birthday ( like I said we're in birthday season in my family!) but he's getting REALLY good at the "happy birthday" song and he loves to blow out candles and eat cake!

Me with my super cool glasses.

CHEESE!!!

Yep that's right no shame rocking our plastic birthday glasses in a 5 star restaurant in trendy downtown fort worth. That's how we roll!

Group shot... Jarod and Beth weren't able to join us until later.

Aiden kept stealing my glasses. What a cutie!

We went on a horse carriage ride around downtown fort worth which aiden loved! Ben and I last did this on the night of our wedding, awwww memories!

Poppy & aiden with the horses.

Waiting for Jarod & beth.

Jarod & Aiden.

Jarod, Beth & aiden.
Aiden is doing so much better about smiling for pictures and he's just happy ALL. THE. TIME. I adore him.

Cutest picture ever. Aiden and aunt beth.

All of us in downtown fort worth. The wind was blowing really hard!
I have more to share from our celebrations on sunday but I am going to do it in another post, this one is already really long!!!
3 comments:
yep, your birthday was pretty special this year with the big announcement!
We all feel like we got a great present.
Aiden is the joy of our lives and now to think we are going to have a double dose.
God is good!
Yep! I would say that you were properly pampered and spoiled by everyone around you! So glad that your birthday weekend was filled with so much love.
Sounds like lots of fun! Scooter, love your blonde hair!!! You look soooooo young with that color!! BTW, love the last pic....hair flying everywhere!!
Post a Comment