October is here and in full swing! I LOVE LOVE LOVE October.
1) cause of the changing of the seasons and the cooler weather
2) It's my birthday month
3) halloween!
4) all the fun things that come with fall/ halloween like hayrides, pumpkin patches, fall festivals, pumpkin carving, yummy fall treats, etc. etc. etc.
So when I found out about this fall festival that River Legacy Park here in arlington puts on each year, I knew I wanted to take aiden. Only problem being it only runs for 3 nights and we already had plans on basically all those nights. It was this past friday, saturday, and sunday night. We went to bossier for friday night and didn't get home until late on saturday night, Ben went to the Rangers game saturday night and then sunday ben went to BOTH the cowboys and ranger game (yes it's a hard knock life!) soooo we waited until Ben got home from the games at 7:30 Sunday night and then high-tailed it over to river legacy park to see what fun we could have in the last hour and a half of the last night of "After dark in the Park".
We got there and had to park forever away but they offer a free hayride to and from the front door. What fun! 
Riding on the "BIG TRUCK" with daddy. This turned out to be aiden's favorite part of the whole night. Go figure!

Then by the time we got to the front gate we found out there is no admission fee for the last hour of the festival. They closed at 9. So we only had one hour to do all the FREE playing we could get in!

We were just excited to be there and to walk around checking out the park and all the nature stuff they have to offer. River legacy offers a nature school for preschool aged children so a lot of their booths and exhibits had to do with animals, nature, etc. We only walked around and did the free stuff because it's run similar to the fair in that you have to buy coupons to do some of the cooler stuff and since we weren't going to be there very long we didn't want to get stuck in long lines waiting to use our coupons and then get stuck with coupons we had no use for.

Aiden checking out the little creepy crawlers. There were snakes, tarantulas, iguanas, things like that. I had no interest but aiden was excited.

This was a guessing game where you put your hand in and felt the object and tried to guess what it was? Yeah they were all things found in nature like snake skins, turtle shells, acorns, etc.

Walking down the moonlit stroll? I think that's what it was called. It was a walk lighted by lights? Yep that's a good description!

And headed out after our hour of fun through the lighted torches.

And another hayride back to our car. Aiden LOVED the hayride and still asks about the "big truck". I think we could have just rode around the parking lot on the hayride the whole hour and he would have been happy! Next year we will plan better and go for a longer time so we can do more fun stuff but I was glad we went regardless!
3 comments:
That definitely sounds like a fun time. I love October too. He will be just the right age to take full advantage of the next year. I have two words for Ben. SUN SCREEN!! It's obvious he enjoyed both of his games on Sunday. :-)
That's a very good picture of Ben. (Even if he is sun burned.)
You would have had longer at Dark In The Park if certain family members had not come in to visit when they dropped Ben off.
Why didn't you say "Get Out Of Here!"
I just love how chatty and inquisitive he is about everything right now.
Aiden NOT Ben :-))
Post a Comment